Tuesday, April 15, 2014

love, lettuce, peace

Cue up the beep beep beep of the Artsyville delivery truck! I'm backing up with yet another photo dump. (When I realize that it takes just as much time to batch the entire week into one post, I'll start posting daily again.)


Starting with a message of love & peace -- and the lettuce that sneaked into the middle -- for Passover. Thinking especially this year of our old friends in Overland Park (where my kids went to preschool) in the wake of Sunday's tragedy. I was relieved to find out that everyone we knew was OK, and so sad for the ones who weren't.


We had an early seder in Philadelphia with family...



But not before gobbling up the last of the breakfast yummies from my brother-in-law's bakery.  (If you're in the Philadelphia area, it's Four Worlds Bakery on Woodland Avenue!)



It was 80 degrees that day, so absolutely popsicle-worthy that we popped over to the Lil' Pop Shop


& walked around the neighborhood. (I love West Philly!) Philadelphia is only about 90 miles south of us, but it feels like it's in a different climate zone -- all the flowering trees were in full bloom while ours in North Jersey have barely started.



So we've been making our own blooms and color mixes to help move spring along. 



A week ago Sunday I hauled the girls all around NYC -- it was a stunning day & Mr. Artsyville was stumbling around Hong Kong fresh off a 16 hour flight, all bleary eyed & zombie like, so I thought we'd do the same thing on the other side of the earth. I made the kids walk. and walk. and walk. We hadn't been to the Tenement Museum on the Lower East Side yet & so we took the Victoria Confino tour. I thought it was terrific; my 11 year old thought it was interesting; my 7 year old just wanted to go to the gift shop. (which was also terrific.) 


We ran into Marco's Art Mobile somewhere around Soho or Nolita -- one of those hazily defined areas where I'm always hesitant to say with certainty where I am.


Walked past this game of hoops at just the right moment :)


They each got a little hand treatment at Lush, too.


Good & tired kids. Just how I like 'em.


Mr. Artsyville brought back a load of sweets from 7-Eleven in Hong Kong, but curiously enough, upon closer inspections of the labels none of the goods were native items. I think stuff just goes through Hong Kong (our washi tape, for one); no products seem to originate from there. No matter. I love sweets from foreign shores no matter where. He went to the Hong Kong Ladies' Market (not what it sounds like) and bargained ferociously for those adorable chopsticks.


Drawings wrought by little hands keep appearing all around Artsyville....


 ...


....


and bigger hands too.


I'm working on a bunch of little wordy tiles...


...for a very specific purpose to be revealed whenever I can get around to finishing it.

As always, if you stuck with me through the end, congrats! You deserve a prize! Have a great week!

Aimee

8 comments:

Christina Lorraine Young said...

The colors are gorgeous. Is it coloured digitally?

aimee said...

Hi Christina! I do most of my photo editing in Snapseed and Camera+.

Ellyn said...

even though I saw it all on instagram, I enjoyed it all again (prize? there should be a prize. totally.)

M Carlisle said...

SO LOVE the wordy tiles! (and what a great prize they would make!!!)

Bella Sinclair said...

Ohhhh myohmyohmyohmy! The smile on my face got wider and wider with every pic! What fun! Fun and color must follow you wherever you go. Seriously. The girls are fabulous. Look at them all pooped out from their excellent adventure, hehehe. Basketball pic -- excellent. Their drawings -- omg how adorable and funny and delicious are those! Tiles -- Yaaaaaaaaaa! Fab fab fab! I wish there were an Artsyville mobile store like that truck!

Michellem said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the painting in your dining room - did you do that??!!

Andria said...

Such bright and beautiful photos, Aimee! Marco's art-mobile is pretty awesome. I'm in Philadelphia, so when you are down this way again, let me know and we can meet up for some art-making or just a coffee and chat! :-)

Michelle F. said...

I love EVERYTHING about this post and the photos!