Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Glue it Tuesday: Week 18





























My girls and I had the arty time of our lives last week at Brave Girls Art Camp! We glued, painted, yoga-ed, sculpted, wrote, doodled, collected, typed, and daydreamed for four days in Ruth's beautiful studio (and in a few brave moments we not-so-surreptitiously left a few large Keith Haring-inspired body paintings all over town.) These kids produced an insane amount of art; these pictures don't even begin to cover it! I led a few of the doodle activities, but the others did the bulk of the teaching -- Amy organized & led the art projects, Maya taught the writing exercises, and Ruth started & ended each day with yoga. I can't even tell you how much my kids loved it without putting the keyboard on turbo. We will miss the next session but can't wait until the after school classes start in the fall!

I finished a new public service printable yesterday -- The All Purpose Weekly Planner -- go here for the download link!

Can't wait to see what you've glued this week -- and if you're new this week, welcome!




17 comments:

artatag said...

The Art Camp looks absolutely awesome!
Cheers
Gabriele 1

Phoenix Peacock said...

What an awesome art camp! I want to go!!
Would you please tell me the yoga cards you used? I'd love to get some for my sessions with kids.

girlunwinding said...

This is fantastic Aimee! I wish I had a camp like that to have gone to when I was a girl.
My son is a pre-graduate art teacher and being a man, it would be great to get something started for brave boys as well. With male teachers in the field of art and writing to help promote the arts with guys too. It is so cool to see all 3 of my son's perspective in the creative art/photography realm. I am excited for him to get his class this coming year -- they kids are always excited to have a man as an art teacher! (sorry for the rambling thoughts)
Thanks for sharing all of these great photos!! such fun to be a grown up kid!!
~Dawn

Andria said...

Wow, Aimee, that art camp looks like loads of fun. I like Dawn's idea for a Brave Boys Art Camp too! How about a Brave Women Art Camp? I'm in! :-) Thanks for continuing to host Glue It Tuesday!

Ariel said...

Aimee, this looks so wonderful. Wish I'd space like that to keep an art camp for my kids and their friends. So colorful and bright, I can see that they'd so much fun.
SusaN

Marcia Beckett said...

That art camp looks amazing! How fun! I'd love to see more pictures.

Linda said...

I sure can tell that everyone had a ton of fun!!! Wow!!! It's so great that there are camps like this around.LOVE your affirmation cards!

iHanna said...

I imagine being a kid and doing that kind of camp... OMG!

iHanna said...

I imagine being a kid and doing that kind of camp... OMG!

storybeader said...

looks like a lot of fun! And what a cute camp name - I'd know I would have enjoyed that too! {:-Deb

Deborah Weber said...

Oh what a joy to see this awesome artyness in action!

Lorinda @ Everyday Endeavours said...

Oh my gosh, what fun!! I would love to play at a brave grown up girls camp! Happy GIT!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

We walk the same paths - I almost bought the street art stencil book in Barcelona! And I have so many of those same books.
Happy GIT!
Rinda

Michelle O'Connor said...

Aimee,
Your blog is wonderful! I clicked your "add your Link" button and so many people have visited my blog as a result! So thank you! I'd like to add this feature to my blog - can you tell me more about it?

http://www.michelleoconnorweekendartist.blogspot.com

Michellem said...

What fun!!! I want to play with you!

soulbrush said...

What am amazing space for kids to do art- what total immersion and inspiration. Are both your girls arty? I should visit more often- your blog is so cheery and uplifting.

Natasha said...

What a fabulous idea, I love it. It looks like an amazing memory making adventure for all concerned. So much goodness. Love.