Tuesday, June 25, 2013

glue it tuesday: week 15

gluebook 6-25

tape2

Back to mindless gluebooking this week for me! Scraps of mags, hand cut letters, my inky papers, bits of tape, snippets of the ULINE catalog, etc. I have a bonus pic for you this week, too. If you are curious about the tape making process, here's a peek-in-progress that came from our factory today. After we approved the print colors and cut lines, they printed the pattern (this is the second production run of Secret Garden) in enormous sheets, then applied the adhesive to the washi paper. Next they'll cut the rolls, wrap them and put our lil' Artsyville sticker on them. Then, within a few months, if the overseas shipping and customs gods are on our side, we will have rolls up to the ceiling of the dining room (not exaggerating).

If anyone new is stopping by, let me explain Glue it Tuesday as I haven't done it in a while: if you used glue in your artwork any time this week, you're good ;) Link along with us. And welcome!



{Sign up here for the The Artsyville Doodle News!}

18 comments:

Lorinda @ Everyday Endeavours said...

How exciting it must be to see your own art in production like that!! Happy G-I-T xx

girlunwinding said...

Love how bright and fun your glue pages are!
~Dawn

Andria said...

Interesting to get a peek at the process of decorative tape production...very cool! Love your bright glue book pages, too.

truecolorblog.com said...

This is my first week! I was inspired by seeing so many friends around blog land and instagram joining. Fun!

Phoenix Peacock said...

I love your bright happy collages. And your tape is incredible. What a cool process. Though, I am not so patient and would be dancing around like I had ants in my pants for the entire time I was waiting for my ceiling-high piles to arrive.

storybeader said...

neat washi design! very excited to see your tape... on etsy? And I need to cut out some letters! Love how your "hi" worked out! Did you stetch them out first in pencil? {:-D

artatag said...

This collage is just awesome. It is so bright and cheerful and I adore this little russian doll at the bottom!
Cool Secret Garden too!
Cheers
Gabriele

aimee said...

hi everyone ♥♥♥ and welcome truecolorblog!

and yes @storybeader the tape is in the etsy shop and my online store! didn't trace the letters beforehand for the collage. just took scissors to paper and let 'er rip!

Linda said...

your collage page is filled with color and fun! How exciting to see your beautiful patterns in print and for sale too!!!

tangledpen said...

what a happy collage! i love all the bright colors :)
how exciting it must be to see your product coming along!
Cheers, Jana

Carolyn Dube said...

That is so cool to see the parent rolls of future little washi tapes!

Marcia Beckett said...

Your pages are awesome!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love your explanation of glue it tuesday! And thanks for the WIP photo of the washi tape. It's fascinating.
Rinda

Michellem said...

Very cool - had no clue how they went about making the tape -

Deborah Weber said...

Love your bright and cheery spread. And how fun to see a behind-the-scenes glimpse of washi tape in the making.

iHanna said...

HI! back at ya! Love that spread, and your glue book spreads. Yum!

Marit said...

HI to you Aimee... I just added my link... you know me, joining in on Wednesdays. There may come a time that I go blogging every day and link up on the right days, but I'm not ready for that (yet?) Anyway, enjoy your week!

Natasha said...

Love the behind the scenes look at your washi tape production. The process fascinates me in that I want to know how everything works way. I love your use of colour, your pages sing with vibrant juiciness.