Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Glue it Tuesday: Week 13

photo-347

Already at Week 13 of Glue it Tuesday! This morning I have donuts for you: cake, glazed, sprinkled, munchkins, jelly filled, creme filled, the works!

This week's sticky order of business was finally finishing this long-neglected project: a collaged tote. The pretty patterns came from my stash of Jessica Swift and Valentina Ramos paper scraps. The tote (some sort of vinyl thing) I found in the street last year. Now it's a storage bin :)

Thanks for the cheerful feedback on my painted cork tiles! This really is a great summer project for kids because the tiles are fairly inexpensive, they keep the little ones busy, and they are actually of use when finished. Again, for obvious reasons I suggest ushering the children outside for this one.

Dawn's giveaway for a roll of my Secret Garden tape is open through this week -- she bought one extra to bestow upon another!

Wishing you a great week,
Aimee



17 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

I found lots of unfinished projects today while cleaning up my desk.
Rinda

tangledpen said...

nice storage! looks like a lot of gluing was involved ;)
Happy GIT and as always: Thanks for hosting & the donuts.
Oh - almost forgot: I brought some tea :)

betsy said...

omg - This is a gorgeous bag! Love seeing your colorful projects. Happy GIT!

iHanna said...

Saw the decoupage on insta and loved it! What is the bag made out of? I am totally going to cover some boxes or a bag or SOMETHING (if not everything?) this summer! :-)

Michelle Reuss said...

That tote is a thing of beauty...like Hanna, I now have the urge to decoupage my world! Thank you!

girlunwinding said...

You found the bag IN the STREET? wow, what a rescue operation! just look at it now! Great idea to use it as a storage basket.
~Dawn

storybeader said...

nice looking tote. I can think of lots of things to put in it! {:-D

Linda said...

love your vibrant collaged tote!! And your tiles in the last post-what a very cool idea-it really brightens up a wall that's for sure!

laurie said...

how fun to take a discarded item and turn it into something beautiful plus useful!!!

Ariel said...

The tote bag looks awesome. I like your tile project too. I think I would love to try that with my kids for the holidays.
Susan

Gallery Juana said...

Wow that is a fun project and I love how it came out. I really enjoy the color and fun projects that you cover on your blog.

Deborah Weber said...

That's one seriously gorgeous tote! And a major gluing project to take bows over.

Andria said...

Love your tote, Aimee. The colors are so cheerful and bright!

Tracey Fletcher King said...

coming by to catch up on what you have been up to is the most glorious shot of colour injected into a grey wintery day... the tote is all kinds of glorious, but that cork wall is stunning... you rock...xx

Marit said...

oh wow, I LOVE your collaged tote... will be on the lookout for a vinyl tote when I walk the streets (haha) or maybe buy one??

Mary said...

This is marvelous! Where did you get your paper by Jessica Swift?

Natasha said...

What a fabulous idea collaging the tote was. I am in love with the possibilities!