Friday, May 31, 2013

the painted pot and other colorful tales

ppf flowerpot
I painted this week, I did! And I'm posting this week on time, I am! Last year's dead herbs didn't appear to be coming back so I dumped out the pot, painted it (Sharpie paint markers) and gave it some fresh fillings (tarragon, cilantro, and basil). Now, to see how long I can keep this crop alive. I'm a pathetic gardener, but I do start every season with enthusiasm.

ppf picnic basket
We also dusted off the picnic basket for Memorial Day and stuffed it with Coke, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups & Twizzlers.

ppf doodle day
I blew through two pens this week trying to get the designs right for my next tape design -- I'm basing it on one of my earliest pieces, Creative Fire, and I'm struggling to get the pattern to my liking. Lots of late nights. And my almost-seven year old has suddenly developed a fear of the darkness and likes to wake me up in the middle of the night. Not much sleep here.

ppf glue heart
So I've been drinking a lot of coffee this week. One morning the coffee maker started choking and gurgling and spitting grounds in not the right direction. I thought it was a goner, and I panicked, for that is my #1 go-to art supply. I unplugged, replugged, restarted, rebrewed, and rejoiced. (and that is an unauthorized glue stick heart on the wall).

ppf ice cream truck
We didn't stop. I'm a mean mom.

ppf pencils
I also made a buttload of pencils;

ppf chair
taped the chair (we are really into taping things these days);

ppf teacher boxes
slid inside the PO at 4:58 p.m. with a few last minute teacher boxes which is my typical postal behavior;

ppf icad
and bought my cards for this year's ICAD (Index Card a Day) challenge which starts tomorrow! Go see Tammy at Daisy Yellow for details!

One last thing -- hop over here if you'd like to sign up for The Artsyville Doodle News! Every so often I'll send out a color-filled roundup of tutorials, creative challenges, delightful discoveries, fresh stuff, doodle deals, and other happenings in Artsyville.

Happy PPFOF (Happy Paint Party Friday ON Friday!)



Aimee

31 comments:

Mary C. Nasser said...

Wonderfully colorful and inspiring post!!
Love your new washi tape!!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Faye said...

Aimee, your designs are wonderful, full of life and motion. And as for the herbs, some of them don't come back, at least here in Virginia. At least for the moment, your pot for herbs is beautiful and the herbs are healthy looking.

Debbie said...

Beautiful designs and colors. Everything is so cheerful and fun!

Linda said...

what a fantastic post just loaded with fun and color Aimee(even down to those cute red shoes I see peeking out from the post visit! So glad your coffee pot worked-I feel the same as you do. I'm also a pretty pathetic gardener, try as I might. That's why we leave the vegetable garden up to our neighbors :)Happy PPF and thanks for stopping by my blog .

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of gorgeous, colourful designs. Glad I am not the only bad gardener in the world! What are peanut butter cups? Valerie

Christine said...

love your colourful work!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love, love, LOVE your insta-pics! I need to make a new little series on my blog to get these put up somewhere. Do you know if there's an iphone link-up somewhere?

Netty said...

terrific colorful designs. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Bella Sinclair said...

You are a one-woman enterprise! I see why you had to leave Kansas. Your life must be lived in technicolor. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my tape! I am so excited to use it, and I really love the quality of it! YAY! Thanks so much! xoxoxo

ps. I'm glad you let that unauthorized heart stay. :)

Aranthe said...

Really fun post. I, too, am a dismal gardener, but hope springs eternal: Like you, I'm attempting herbs again, and after seeing that painted pot, I may have to dress up a few of those, too. (Also—love your coffee mug!)

Ginny said...

Aimee, your blog makes me happy just looking at it. All of the beautiful colors and things you make bring a smile to my face. I will be back often to visit.

I am a dreadful gardener but that doesn't stop me from trying each year. Even a day with a beautiful flower is better than no day. Have a great week.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Loved this post. Very creative ideas, great fun to see.

Maria said...

Oh I know how you feel about sleep and coffee! Lovely painting and beautiful blog!

Christine said...

I love your posts! Love love love! ... and what is life without unauthorized glue hearts?? I mean ... really?!
:-) hugs

soulbrush said...

The colour just surrounds you- lovce seeing what you are up to. Happy PPF.

peggy gatto said...

I am a color nut and oh boy, I love everything here!!!!!!!
What fun!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Fabulous colorful life, ah well, sometimes Mom's are mean...LOL Love that tape. Happy PPF

Tracey Fletcher King said...

I am still giggling over Where you can Stick it as a title... so juvenile I know... but kind of fun ... and love your colourful week... I needed a shot in the arm to get going... about to paint up my first ICAD... figure can't fall behind on the first day!!!!

rachel awes said...

i love creative fire SO MUCH...
what great inspiration for nextness! awesome pot, awesome life.
love to my dear friend xoxoooo

Nic McLean said...

Visiting your blog is just such a feast for the eyes. Everything in your life is just so colourful and vibrant and everything you do creatively looks so polished and professional - how on earth do you make pencils?? You have all the most amazing stationery and packaging for your creative sales - You put me to shame!!

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Wonderful post with so much to see. painting the herb pot is a great idea and looks fab!

girlunwinding said...

O I love it all and I signed up for your "News" :0)
~Dawn

Rita said...

I loved this post, it made me smile. Your picnic packet is the cutest and I want your red embroidered shoes. Where did you get them?

Andria said...

Oh my goodness, I love your pot, your picnic basket, and ESPECIALLY the unauthorized heart on the wall! Your home is so filled with color. No surprise, certainly, and lovely to see.

Karyna @ PaperSquid said...

Your comment on the ice cream truck made me laugh, haha. Your work and even painted pots are always so colorful and eye catching Aimee. I love coming by your blog. :)

Natasha said...

Did your index cards come in those colours or have you already coloured them? If they have I am feeling pretty jipped that not only do we not have divider index cards that aren't plastic, we are missing out on rainbows as well!

The plants I have must have a strong desire to live in spite of me owning them, because I do them no favours. No time for weak pathetic needy plants here! :)

So much fabulousness here. Thrilling to have your tape I bet and now to see other people using it! I can't imagine.

NatashaMay said...

I love all this color! It's so sunshiny and bright. Makes me smile. :)

gypsy said...

Aimee, Thrilled you are starting ICAD this summer. The original Artsyville washi tape designs totally rock! May your washi tape designs blossom.

Kristin said...

Mean Mom! Hardly!
I LOVE the tape and your photographs are always so beautiful - the washi on the chair is my favorite.
AND thank you for your Summer of Color note - so sorry I am just getting to you now, I somehow missed it before. Sigh, :) xoxo

Kirstin McCulloch said...

I love reading your posts they are always full of beautiful colours! Your designs for new tape look very cool x

Kim said...

Love all the colorful text and happiness! HPPF!