Sunday, May 26, 2013

confused thermometers & expired scissors

doodle-up-of-the-week

For those of you who also lived through four seasons this week, I don't need to say anything else about the thermometer...

Best Nutella-Oreo cheesecake ever. We (my kids + my husband) make something decadent every Thursday and this was a prize winner. Gone!

Before reading my springtime haiku, as always, you must agree not to call the po-po (poetry police) on me...

The Stationery Show! As I mentioned... it was amazing. Paper heaven in every corner. And pigeons flying around the back of the convention center. I have a few pictures on Instagram of some of my favorite paper peeps (An Open Sketchbook and Jessica Swift) but didn't take pictures of any other individual booths. If you're curious, Oh So Beautiful Paper does a fabulous review & booth showcase every year so you can feel like you were right there. So inspiring!

Four pairs of shoes died. My favorite fabric flats went from closed toe to open toe, two pairs of the 6 year old's shoes were lost in a mud accident, and my 10 year old burst through a strap. I pitched the first three pairs unceremoniously but my 10 year old could not part with hers; she was already "so disturbed by its brokenness" that she hid it somewhere I'll never find it.

My poor scissors. They fell apart too many times, and all the king's horses and all the king's men...

It seems like the rest of the country is already out of school, but we go academic hardcore here until the bitter end of June.

I don't know how to draw a chicken, so it's not on here, but my 6 year old was the cutest chicken of them all at the First Grade musical this week :)

And the tape. The tape! I was blown away by the response to my Secret Garden washi tape and don't even know what to say except... thank you. Over half of the shipment sold in two days! I was up nearly two nights in a row packing and shipping. I've been so laser locked on tape this week that my appearance is pretty frightful and I look like a crazy bag lady. If the tape keeps going out the door at this pace, I'll be able to order more very soon, and in the meantime I'm designing away like a washi fool. I still have small quantities in my online store and in the Etsy shop, and will start to ship wholesale this week. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Late to Paint Party Friday (as always) and right on time for my first attendance at Sunday Sketches (they look like a fun and sketchy bunch!)

Happy Sunday!

9 comments:

Giggles said...

You are so darn special... I can't wait to hear one day Demdaco come knocking at your door!!Of course they love your tape...you are AMAZING, and real!! Sorry about the shoes though...that's always a sad state of affairs! Glad you had such success!!
You are just too adorable...and your little kids too!!

Hugs Giggles

Joni Nickrent said...

What a fun post. I'll have to pop by and check out your store! Love your whimsical page...fun stuff! Happy SS

lori vliegen said...

here' s to a great week, and looking forward to getting rid of those woes inside your nose.....and shopping for new shoes and scissors! love your artsywork.....always, always! xox

Mary Walker said...

I'm impressed with your success, craving for your cheesecake and sad for your shoes/scissors.

Head Krazy said...

DEAR LAWD!! I go away for a week! A WEEK! And Washi Tape has come and gone! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! On the plus side, so happy for you and it's success... Yah Aimee!

Tracey Fletcher King said...

that is quite a week... and I am so sad for the demise of the shoes... but very cool that tape is a success... knew it would be... and jealous as about the Stationery show... that would be way too awesome...xx

Introverted Art said...

sometimes I am glad we have hot and hotter weather...sorry about the shoes :(

Rhonda H said...

Where can I find the recipe to that yummy cheesecake??? Drool!

Gloria in CA said...

Fun post. Cheesecake sounds good. Sorry about your scissors. I'm leaving now and with a smile. Thank you.