Wednesday, May 15, 2013

color in the city + a new artsyville shop

Some bursts of color I found on a photowhirl in New York City last weekend:

nyc appliances
I never met a nicer purple oven {18th Street}

nyc bike
A bicycle built for me {Christopher Street}

nyc do kham
Do Kham {Nolita}

nyc bleecker street
Pick-a-shirt {Bleecker Street}

nyc fire station
Fire station {18th Street}

nyc gypsy skirt
Gypsy skirt {Bleecker Street}

nyc waverly
With a neon sign like that, it's got to be good {Greenwich Village}

nyc jefferson market garden
I could have spent the entire day here {Jefferson Market Garden}

nyc mustard
Lunch {Soho}

nyc paper presentation
Thousands of square feet of paper joy {front window of Paper Presentation}

nyc paper source
Sheets of course at Paper Source {Spring Street}

nyc soho
Walk down Crosby Street {Soho}

nyc whatever street
Doorstep {135 Whatever Street; can't remember which one}

Also, big news! I have another new home: the shop at www.artsyville.com is finally OPEN! We still have lots of content to add (I will be indexing all my tutorials & free printables over there among many other things) and it is still undergoing lots of layout changes (It's fun to play in a brand new sandbox!) but the shop is fully functional and we are already shipping orders! We opened up the new shop b/c I'm going to be adding a lot of new goods over the next few months: washi tape, boxed notes, paper packs, etc.) and expanding my wholesale business, and the Etsy shop isn't quite set up to handle that type of volume (the more items I list, the more stuff seems to get lost) so we decided it would be a good idea to set up a shop that would make it easy for people to find what they are looking for. I'll still keep my Etsy shop running for those who like to purchase there, too -- I'll just have a bigger variety of goods in the new casa.

For those who asked for a washi update: the samples are IN PRODUCTION! There are still so many things that could go wrong (so speaks my eternal internal pessimist), but getting this far -- I'm telling you -- is reason enough to crack open one fine craft beer on the front porch.

Happy Wednesday!

23 comments:

painted fish studio said...

so exciting!!!

Lynn Fisher said...

Oh how I love the color in your world! And that bike...is SO mine : )
Lynn

T.L. Holmes Williams said...

Delicious color! And the new site is fantastic...congratulations :)

Kelly Warren said...

Thank you for this lovely tour! I'm ready to head back to NYC this summer! Hopping over to check out the new shop!

Christie Zimmer said...

Congratulations on your new shop! It is fabulous! Best wishes to you as you expand your one-of-a-kind, colour-filled world!

Lynn Fisher said...

Oh, and the new site is AWESOME!!!

Cindy said...

onward and upward!

Candied Fabrics said...

Sigh, those appliances!!! I would so LOVE to put something like that in my kitchen rehab...sigh...

Aimee - that new shop is FABULOUSO!!!! If you have time, I'd love to know what platform/template it's built from, just for curiousity sake!

Tracey Fletcher King said...

that is a riot of colour and wonderfulness and congrats on the new store... it looks fantastic... great site...xx

Bella Sinclair said...

YAYYYYYYYYY!!!! Oooh, that is exciting! And thank you for that NYC tour, rainbow edition. I totally want colorful appliances in my kitchen!

Textile Recycler said...

Congrats on the new shop!
I so love your photos... they are the same things I would photo if I was there... the bright colors and odd combinations... I all spells love in my book :)

Juniper Goods said...

What wonderful colorful pictures! I love that purple oven. Congratulations on your shop expansion is good! Happy Wednesday :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Awesome photos! And good luck with the new(ish) shop.
rinda

Marit said...

OHMY... you make me wanna go to NY!!! Gorgeous photos!

rachel awes said...

i want that gypsy skirt!
+ i adore that door find with words!
walking with you on one of your colorful finds journeys is soooo on my bliss list!
congratulations on your new shop!!!
i'll share now on fb + tweet!
LOVE you! xoxo

Fran Traina said...

the site looks great! good luck:)

Parabolic Muse said...

Aimee, these photos are fantasia to me. I love the urban rainbow!
Also, congrats on your new shop. I'm saving pennies!!

Mary Walker said...

Please add a follow by email widget I'd love to receive post updates delivered to my inbox. Love the colorful pictures!

Blond Duck said...

Congrats on your new shop! I love your work!

gypsy said...

Aimee I'm super THRILLED about your washi tape extravaganza. And congrats on the expansion and the new shop!!!

Gloria said...

I love seeing all these wonderful photos of NYC. Congrats on your "new" shop. I enjoyed spending the evening looking through each category and linking to everything/one mentioned!

Karyna @ PaperSquid said...

Aimee he new site looks awesome! I love it. Congratulations :)

Natasha said...

Congratulations on the new shop! The rainbow appliances are divine. As are the rest of your photos. My city feels decidedly boring!

Yay for washi tape production. Most worthy of a craft beer celebration!