Tuesday, April 30, 2013

glue it tuesday: week 7

magazine-drops

Welcome back to the Glue it Tuesday lounge! (Thank you Rinda for that great term -- I'm imagining us all sitting around with adhesives and scissors, snipping away and laughing at who knows what.) The Pier 1 and Anthropologie catalogs came flying through the door yesterday (our mail comes in through a slot on the door, which is right next to the living room-studio, and it scares the devil out of me every day when it comes sailing in) just in time to do a quick teardrop chop & plop in the gluebook. Pier 1 gave me some decent snippets, but Anthropologie is becoming regrettably less cuttable by the issue. It used to be so packed full of color and pattern, and it seems to be all about gauzy air and vacant expressions.

Thanks for your thoughts in my last post about my wannabe washi -- I really wasn't kidding when I mentioned wanting to design real Artsyville washi tape. It's actually in the beginning stages now (!) Washi tape is something I've wanted to do for a long time -- I love the stuff so much that I can't think of much that would make me happier than having a collection with my own designs on it, and that is why I've been going gangbusters with the pattern repeats. It will not be an easy or immediate process, so it may be a long time even to get a sample -- and if the quality is good enough to move forward, it will have to be produced in baby steps, one design at a time. I'll keep you guys posted along the way, and try not to put on the caps lock too much if we manage to get a roll of Artsyville washi tape into production! ;)

24 comments:

Lorinda @ Everyday Endeavours said...

I love your raindrop/petal shapes. They're so beautifully organic. I can't wait to see your up and coming line of washi tape! How fun will that be! xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

They almost look like the feathers of a very colorful bird.
Rinda

Marit said...

Goodmorning Aimee, thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. You asked what is in my 'box of longing'... there's index cards that I glue collages on ("cards of longing") that I show on Wednesday and always link back to your 'glue it tuesday' post (only, I do that on Wednesday as I combine with woyww...) Soo.... see you Wednesday ;)

Lynn Fisher said...

That's awesome news Aimee. Can't wait to see the finished product!
Lynn

Cindy said...

artsyville washi tape = yes!

girlunwinding said...

Do it girl!! I will so buy your washi tape. Yes!!
~Dawn

tangledpen said...

really sweet, your colorful drops - I like 'em!
yur own washi tape - that sounds exciting! good luck :)

Andria said...

The Pier 1 catalog is definitely more colorful than Anthropologie, but I still think the Anthropologie catalog is infinitely alterable!

Thanks for another Glue-It Tuesday. It really helps me sit down and get some things done! I included a giveaway in my post today; I hope you'll come by!

Fran Traina said...

Good morning. I have noticed lots of catalogs coming thru too. I am working on some junk mail currently but not sure where its going, but its fun to do. Good luck with the washi tape, I am sure you'll succeed in making that happen! :)
BTW I just looked at your previous post and your daughter/monkey almost gave me a heartattack hanging off the door molding like that! My friend's son does that and it just freaks me out. LOL! happy Tues. Fran T

iHanna said...

A line of washi tape, what a dream. I think you will make it happen, you're so prolific! Love the drop page too, yummy!

storybeader said...

your bright colors will be great for washi tape! My mother has a hole in her house for the mail, and she has a basket to catch it all. Maybe that's something you can try... {:-Deb

Deborah Weber said...

I'm so loving your teardrops series. They've altered the way I think about tears! And I'm so excited about your washi tape project. May every step be easy and fun-filled!

Rhonda H said...

Love the teardrop shapes and the wonderful colors!

Head Krazy said...

I WANT your WASHI Tape! I will PROMOTE your washi Tape! I will be the Artsyville Washi Tape champion. This idea is amazing! I wish you oodles of success with it because I think your art would make stellar washi tape! Go Aimee go! Make that tape Girl!

Marit said...

Ooohhhh... washi tape with Artsyville-design... now that would be something! I'm in love already!

Susie said...

gotta agree with you on the recent Anthro offerings...I got mine too and was a little sad at the contents. I hope it is a trend that corrects itself and any washi you'd create would be amazing. You go girl!!!!

Bella Sinclair said...

Those teardrops look incredible all layered like that! Like feathers. Such a fantastic design! Hehehe, I had to chuckle at your Anthropologie catalog observation. My girls like to draw on all those empty spaces, make the models look psycho and stuff. :)

Michellem said...

Your raindrop shapes make me so happy - Love the colors!
I've not had much success with the Anthropologie catalog either. . .

Natasha said...

How exciting...your own washi tape!!

I love how the tear drops came out, I suspect I am going to keep that idea in my mind until the day have the perfect project in which I can use it. It looks fabulous.

T.L. Holmes Williams said...

I await the artsyville washi with giddy anticipation!! Squeeeeeeeee!! ;)

Joyfulploys said...

Hi...I'm just now finding out about "glue it Tuesday." How much longer will it be going on? Gluing is one of my favorite things to do. Good luck on working out the details of your Washi tape line!
Mary

Textile Recycler said...

Love your gluey bits. Looks like cut fabric :) and you designing washi tape is a spectacular idea! Can't wait to see it in them marketplace.

Parabolic Muse said...

Your glue it tuesdays have given me so many great new sites to explore! How do you do it? I mean, and make your own decorative tape, too?!?!!!?

?!

Okay, I'm going to instagram to see what new images you've posted. Rock on.

news said...

Internet Online System is very usefull and Billions of Peoples use Internet and Many of the peoples want to make money online from home and make online business for a life time
We have the best Online earning System with Data Entry Jobs, Online Jobs, Network Marketing, SMS Earning, and Much More Online Work From home, Skype : Jobz.Corner
JobzCorner.Com