Tuesday, March 12, 2013

List it Tuesday 3/12: Kiddie Games

kids-games

Oh, argh! Sorry it took me so long to post. I'm moving in mud this week so much that all I can do is chop up magazines this week. I'm suffering from a daylight savings hangover, I've had a sick little one for four days, and yesterday I found out about someone who took my Properly Caffeinated print, copied it directly down to the last speck of lettering, turned it into a painting, changed around a few of the colors and now is selling it as her own work. So far the photo has only surfaced on Facebook (not on Etsy or any other art site where I could otherwise report it), so if any of you happen to see it, I'd be so grateful if you would let me know. Anyway, we must move on to other things, and I can't think of a better topic than kiddie games. What did you play when you were a kid? What do you play now? I'm a traditionalist. UNO, Yahtzee, Monopoly (when I have five hours to spare), Life, Crazy Eights, Slapjack...

And -- as I mentioned last week, it's time for a shake up around here! This will be the last prompt for List it Tuesday for now, but I've come up with (what I think is) a great solution to keep the creative challenge going (you won't even have to stop listing if you don't want to!) I'm super excited and I hope you will be too. Come back tomorrow morning & I'll do the big artsy reveal. Bring your friends!


17 comments:

Em said...

Sorry to hear about your work being stolen. :/

I love all those games you've mentioned. And I'm in the mud right along side you.

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Sorry about the theft of your hard work - this is happening to so many digital artists lately!
Wasn't sure if you knew that this image is also being pinned on Pinterest without your watermark.......

Love your work - so bright and fun :)

painted fish studio said...

karma. let's just hope that karma works its magic!

Karyna @ PaperSquid said...

Ugh, sorry to hear about the artist copying. I'm sure everything will turn out fine, BUT it's still annoying to have to see that and deal with. Regardless, I'd rather have crappy original work, then to DIRECTLY copy work. (inspiration is one thing but that's another)...And with everyone online now, you'd think they wouldn't do it.

Anyways, I'm excited for the new post! As for kids games, I haven't played Uno in a while, love that game. :)

XO,
Karyna

Fran Traina said...

oh wow, that is just wrong! Some people suck so much. I'm sorry to hear this Aimee.

PS I like your post, as well as your list-it subject. Really nice collage pages:) Fran T

Deborah Weber said...

Arrrg - sorry to hear about the theft of your art.

Deborah Weber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Unbelievable! I hope you can stop the person who has stolen your work.
As for games, the best one we had I can't remember the name of. It was a set of cards with red, blue and black lines on, some carrying on straight across, some bending a corner, and some coming to a full stop. The game consisted of laying your next card that had to match the one before. A bit like dominoes which, when finished, made a tube map like picture. I loved that game. I really don't like monopoly-far too long and boring, and I am rubbish at it! My family play scrabble now. I am not very good at that either! I would rather crochet or something, and watch!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CONNECT-DESIGN-BY-KEN-GARLAND-ASS-MADE-BY-J-GALT-Co-c-1969-/200905640699?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item2ec6e8cafb

It is called Connect! Here it is on ebay-£48!
Deleted the last comment in paranoid fear that I was still signed in to ebay-though I am sure that doesn't work from other computers!

Sally said...

Very sorry to hear you are being copied :( I hope you manage to track the person down.

Lynn Fisher said...

I'm so sorry about the theft Aimee...I saw it on Facebook too, and thought, really, you think if you change the color it's now yours? Seriously, people suck.

Textile Recycler said...

Sorry about the art thief.. they are out there... my last one turned out to be a friend :( I'll keep my eyes open for you..

Marcia (123 blog) said...

so sorry about the art theft!!!

I actually hate board games with a passion :)

The only one I like is called 30 seconds - I think it's SOuth African

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fboardgamegeek.com%2Fboardgame%2F25213%2F30-seconds&ei=EkpAUd2HCOen0AWosYCgDw&usg=AFQjCNFm6E9mRMIYOWp5_v0_nkgxNh4tGA&bvm=bv.43287494,d.d2k

also, D and I have to be on the same team because we are both wildly competitive...

denthe said...

oh, that's disgusting Aimee! It would really make me mad if someone did that to me. And the worst thing is that you can do so little about it. I hope you can stop her/him ...

aimee said...

thanks everyone! xo

Bella Sinclair said...

ARRRRGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR, how infuriating! GAH! Someone needs a good kick in the pants. The NERVE! I hope the impostor gets her comeuppance. And then some.

Grrrrrrr.