Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Glue it Tuesday

glue-it-tuesday-color2

Did you know it was coming? I dropped a hint in the last post with the scissors and cut up stuff all over the table. Introducing Glue it Tuesday! Bring your art journals, scrapbook projects, magazine clippings, collage work, googly eyes, etc. -- whatever you wish to affix to something else. This challenge is wide open to anyone who loves to cut & paste! No prompt or rulebook -- it's simply a weekly check-in to share what you've created. You can post any time during the week, so don't get all bent out of shape if you can't post on Tuesday. If you've grown rather attached to your lists from List it Tuesday, by all means, keep 'em coming and paste them in a journal! I hope you'll have as much fun with this as I already am! I've turned an old Moleskine planner into a "gluebook" -- just a receptacle for my huge stash of magazine pics that will become a color & pattern resource for inspiration when I'm finished. You can see more of my gluebook pages on Instagram and a few of my other cut & paste projects here if you want some ideas to get started.

See you next Tuesday with our first check-in (I vow to post the link list on time)! I hope you'll join us!

xo,
Aimee

22 comments:

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

Ohhhh be still my little cut-n-paste heart. Love this idea. I have boxes, buckets, and bags of magazine clippings wasting away. I love the idea of losing my preciousness about it and just diving in. I will definitely be making a gluebook! Thank you, Miz Infinitely Inspiring.

Lynn Fisher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn Fisher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn Fisher said...

I LOVE it already! This is going to be fun and I'm ALL IN!!!!

anika said...

Love the idea, and such great timing--I've recently been going to thrift stores and collecting cheap books for collage! Maybe this'll be the excuse/kick in the pants I need to actual realize some of my ideas!

iHanna said...

I already do cut&paste weeks & weekends, so this makes me all giddy!

Cheryl said...

I'm all about cutting and gluing. This is great news! I love how I have all week to link.

You're inspiring Aimee!

Cheryl~TheStylishStudio

Chel said...

total. cool. beans.

Kirstin said...

When I'm lacking energy but still feel the need to create, I often become a couch potato with scissors,magazines and glue. I love the idea of "Glue it Tuesday"!

Bella Sinclair said...

Oooooooooh! Glue and sharp instruments! Yay! Sounds exciting!

Hope you are doing well. I've been thinking of you lately. xo

Deborah Weber said...

I'll be there with glue on my fingers and bits of scrap stuck in my hair. What fun!

Andria said...

Ahh, cut and paste...my number one favorite pasttime! Great idea.

Tricia @ Daring Hue said...

I'm excited about this. I've been collecting little papers ever since I saw your book on Instagram. Thanks for inviting us to join!

Rossie said...

I will have to find my dusty blog and join in on this. I don't thin I have updated my blog for fifteen months so it could do with an airing.

bohemiannie! art said...

Oh yummy, scrumptious and delicious! A great reason to use up some of that STUFF!

bohemiannie! art said...

Do you have a button for it?

bohemiannie! art said...

Can I somehow copy and paste your graphic for Glue it Tuesday to my sidebar to remind myself of it? That's the only way I'll remember.

Boo said...

What a good idea. I've been trying to draw faces... I'm not having a lot of success but I keep thinking I should hang on to some of the ones that are not too bad. I think I might have a glue it book for all my misc. drawings and whatever else I find. Thanks for the idea.

Joyfulploys said...

I didn't see this until today. My absolute favorite thing is to cut and paste...I have several composition books filled with C&P. I'll try and do this next Tuesday. Thanks for thinking of this.
Mary

Dianne said...

I KNEW i shouldn't have thrown out my boxes of cut pictures, and I mean LARGE boxes. I filled the recycle bin and still had more to put in there for the next fortnights garbage pickup. They were all cut and trimmed ready for pasting too. Left overs from my SoulCollage binging days. Oh well, live and learn.
ps. dont take any notice of the email address as it is no longer used but required by blogger

Veronica Reynolds said...

Hi, I hope it's not too late to join as it looks like fun and I would love to be a member.
Thanks Vicky

Veronica Reynolds said...

Hi, I hope it's not too late to join as it looks like fun and I would love to be a member.
Thanks Vicky