Monday, February 11, 2013

art heart party 2013

art heart invitation

art heart banner

art-heart-easel

art heart snow coffee

art heart know you

art-heart-puppets

art-heart-bags

art-heart-banner

art-heart-crayons

cupcake crayons

art heart party crayons

art-heart-cupcakes

art heart side hearts

art heart boxes

The snow didn't stop us! 19 sweethearts ran around our house yesterday making stuff and decorating cupcakes for this year's Art Heart Party. It was the most life we've had in this house since we moved in, and initially I was a bit skittish about mixing that many first and fourth graders. It was either going to be a harmonious or combustible combo. To our delight, they all brought their best sweet selves and were fantastic. There were so many kids that we had to parcel them off into stations. Cupcake crayons were in the breakfast nook, real cupcakes were in the kitchen, the dance room (not planned) erupted in my art studio and then went into some sort of conga-line in circles around the downstairs, the happy heart name banners & puppets were in the dining room, and the family room was where they crashed to watch a movie after having their fill. My husband stood sentry in the cupcake area and I supervised the flying paper. It was teamwork at its best! I have to admit that I'm not big on birthday parties (I find them extraordinarily stressful so we usually have a one-friend kind of activity or outsource the whole thing) but this kind of party was a joy to organize and I hope they had as much fun as I did. Now the Kidz Bop is off the Pandora playlist, the hearts (most of them) are packed away, I have a sick little one today and it seems a little quiet and empty chez Artsyville.

{P.S. See you tomorrow for List it Tuesday! The suggested topic is "unintended uses." I might be a bit late getting the post up and running, so if you don't see it, keep checking! :) And if you have a moment, swing by & say hello to Artfully Carin -- I'm excited to be featured in her Arty Mama series today!}

21 comments:

Jill Berry said...

That sounds like a blast. Sorry to miss is, especially the conga line, which is where my secret Diva likes to show up. Happy Valentines to you my friend.

Jennifer said...

You amaze me!

Buffalo Lucy said...

Oh what fun!! Makes me miss you guys even more! What a party we missed!

Xo

Candied Fabrics said...

What a perfect way to celebrate and help a bunch of snowbound kids work out their wigglies! Hooray for Conga lines!

Carolyn Dube said...

Your photos captured the fun and joy in the party! I remember when my kids were little like that- what magic you have shared in this post! Thanks- and hope the little one feels better.

Tracey Fletcher King said...

If yuou hosted one of these for grown ups I would hop a plane in a flash... mind you I would skip the conga line as I had a bad incident with one when I was young... just think left foot rather than right and taking down about twenty people.... love the photos... so fresh and full of life... off to read your interview...xx

Cindy said...

Conga Line! Enough said :)!

Lorinda @ Everyday Endeavours said...

I've so enjoyed watching your instagram photos as the party prep progressed. What a fun, thoughtful, and love-filled party.

rachel awes said...

your girls are SO LUCKY to the beyondist to have YOU as their mama. every. photo. delicious.
xoxoo

painted fish studio said...

wish i could have come! the colors, the colors! so fun & happy. xo

Bella Sinclair said...

Daaaaang, girl! Those girls have the BEST mama in the entire world! Cheers to you, you deserve it. *clink*

Lynn Fisher said...

Aimee, you are the fun-est mom ever : )

bohemiannie! art said...

Wow. Looks and sounds like it was a huge success. I'm with you. So happy the grandkids have mommy and daddy to organize their parties these days! But...you're a very brave soul. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so behind with house hunting going on...but still having fun!

jane said...

can i come next year?... please. :)
xoxo

Tricia @ Daring Hue said...

What a gorgeous invitation! These photos are beautiful!

Kristin said...

LOVED watching this unfold on Instagram - and LOVE your spirit and generosity! You're a great Mama!

Fab interview with Carin too :) xoxo

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Aimee, this looks SO fun and it's such a clever idea :)

Karen said...

Visited your blogspot for the first time... love it! :))

Em said...

You are doing wonderful, amazing things as a mom. I know because my mom did things like this and they stay with you forever. You're giving your kids memories for the rest of their lives. Well done!

inkstitch said...

"We'll make stuff, bake stuff and eat stuff" *Grin!* What else does a girl need?

Andria said...

Wow, Aimee, I want to come party at your house! What a joy that party must have been for those kids. Your invitations are such works of art!