Monday, February 4, 2013

art doodle love

art-doodle-love-cover

art-doodle-love-inside

Woohoo! Do I have a gem to share today: Dawn DeVries Sokol's latest and greatest doodlicious book: Art Doodle Love! She has rounded up a group of artists to play around in it, and today is my stop on the blog hop. It's my kind of book: colorful, thought-provoking, non-linear, non-judgmental, inviting, welcoming, and FUN. So much fun that I felt no qualms whatsoever lettering out my most embarrassing moment of recent years on the LAUGHINGSTOCK page. Now you know. Feel free to drop an embarrassing moment of your own here so I don't feel so bared as I did in the MSP airport.

The publisher (Abrams) nails the book description perfectly:

"Overflowing with colorful pages, Art Doodle Love will motivate readers to lead a more creative life and discover things about themselves through self-reflection. Fun prompts help users start creating lists, drawing pictures, collaging with photos, collecting everyday items, writing memories, and recording dreams or wishes. Like a diary, the book allows the user not just to write their thoughts, but to document their lives with creative visual methods. Before readers know it, they will have found their mojo and will use the hands-on pages to vent about a bad day, soul-search, free deep-hidden memories, and interpret the world with the right side of their brains."

And to that I must add: it's a doodler's delight! To find out more (and see the other artists on the blog hop) go see Dawn at www.dblogala.com. At the end of the blog hop, she'll be holding a giveaway of colossal proportions.

{See you tomorrow for List it Tuesday -- do I ever have a doozy of a list to share with you!}

21 comments:

mo said...

oh my, that IS embarrassing! but perfect fodder for a doodle page, lol. i love what you did with that page, and i can't wait to get my own copy of Dawn's book. yeay!!

Julie Jordan Scott said...

This looks fantastic! So glad you tweeted about this so that I could find out more. I pinned the book from Dawn's page simply cause I couldn't pin any of the book images from here. I'll be back!!

Nicky Linzey said...

Brilliant Aimee that conjured up such a wonderful image!

aimee said...

I wish it conjured up a better image! ;)

Dawn D. Sokol said...

Hey, Aimee: Thanks for the "exposure"! ;)

aimee said...

it was my pleasure! :D

Anairam said...

My embarrassing moment is so bad that I won't share it. Kinda similar to yours, but happened in front of a class of male engineering students whom I still had to teach for another 3 weeks.

Art4me said...

Your colors are fabulous! Your enthusiasm is contagious! Thank you so much for the insight. :). Annette Maloney

Art4me said...

Your colors are fabulous! Your enthusiasm is contagious! Thank you so much for the insight. :). Annette Maloney

Bella Sinclair said...

Awww, moon over Minneapolis. How embarrassing! But it makes for a great story now. :)

This looks like a fantastic book! Perfect for someone like me who has journal phobia and journal envy!

Dianne said...

well don't feel too bad, I did the same thing many years ago but in front of less people. At a friends party but she let me walk around as the butt of the joke, someone else came up and told me thankfully. Just as well I have a warped sense of humour and broke out in hysterical laughter making everyone else join in with me.

Chel said...

gack! GACK! What a good story, though!

This book looks amazing. Another to add to my list!

Lynn Fisher said...

That is good news...can't wait to see it!

Sandy said...

Such a great story. Love your lettering on the spread. Can't wait to get the book.

M. Austen said...

What a great story and journal page. Thanks for sharing! Teehee

rachel awes said...

i remember this story, aimee!!
i still think of it occasionally when i'm in the bathroom + wearing a skirt + pulling myself (hopefully) all back together!!!
love that you are in these wonderful book pages!! xoxo

Art4me said...

One has to wonder, what in the world they think, when they pull these stints in the airport! It is a good thing, there are sunny people like you that can laugh . . . . AFTER the fact! I am looking forward to jotting my own juicy secrets down . . .
Annette Maloney

Jill Berry said...

I was enthusiastically entering 7/11 at a rapid clip, so rapid I caught my toe, tripped, and flew through the door on my front side, just as an unwitting customer stood holding the door open. Ended up between two isles facedown. Manager was freaked, everyone else, including the parking lot, was hysterical.

Unknown said...

how fun this books looks!!

Autumn Hathaway said...

I seriously lol'd..... funny stuff.

Melanie said...

So nice to see what you doodled in this nice book. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice weekend.
Liefs, Melanie