Tuesday, January 22, 2013

List it Tuesday 1/21: Room Changes

painty piece

Today's topic? Quick, easy design changes that you could make to each room in your house for an instant lift. Bonus points if you do them. Here are a few of mine:

1. Mud room: move the 12 reams of paper out of the way (not done)
2. Kitchen: hang Joss's and Ana's paintings in the breakfast nook (done)
3. Hallway: paint the decorative piece that has been propped up against the wall since last April (in progress above! please encourage me to finish)
4. Bathroom: clean it (done)
5. Guest room: put all the leftover stuff from the second floor to make it seem more full, then close the door (done)
6. Get funky knobs for the nightstands (done)
7. Front entryway: hang thrifted folk art painting (thinking about it)
8. Upstairs hallway: something cheery to distract me from the cold, drafty windows (painted metal heart hooks and strings of bright stuffed elephants from World Market did the trick!)

Next week's suggested topic: things you collect. See you next time! Also, don't miss my previous post for the content of my last 21 Secrets workshop Get Lost -- now that the class is over, I'm offering the list of journal prompts for free. Enjoy! xo


16 comments:

Candied Fabrics said...

Obviously, #5 was the most important, so glad that got accomplished! :-)

Love that painted metal, can't wait to see it finished!

Lynn Fisher said...

I love the metal piece for your hallway...would love a pic when you are done : )

Lynn Fisher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen (Creative Stash) said...

oooo that painted metal piece looks amazing! cannot wait to see the finished piece.

Mary Walker Designs said...

Of all the art I create I never think to decorate my house with it, great idea

Phoenix Peacock said...

I love love the bright colors you are using to repaint that piece! It is going to look FABULOUS so keep going!!

Paula Bogdan said...

I like #6...would love to see the funky knobs!

Introverted Art said...

I m loving these colors so much!!

Tracey Fletcher King said...

you achieved heaps of them... and love the topic for next week... fingers crossed that back to school goes smoothly and I can get in and participate...xx

NatashaMay said...

You got a lot done. :) I just made a list and I'm still just thinking about it. Lol!

Cindy said...

everything looks better with some paint - including people!

Nicole : Three By Sea said...

I can't wait to see the finished painted piece! I hope you share a picture when it's done.

I'm of course late again with my LIT post, but it's finally up and slightly altered. I decided to revisit a similar LIT post from 2.5 years ago when we bought our house.

Andria said...

This is a great exercise, Aimee! What a way to give yourself a lift...plan and make small changes room to room in your house.

Artzy Empress said...

Can't wait to see the finished painted piece! <3

magicalmugz said...

What a wonderful idea! This is such great inspiration, I definitely plan to participate next Tuesday!

soulbrush said...

Yippee my paintings are in the nook.Great way to start the day. ha ha.