Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Eve in New York

photo-123

radio city

tree

carousel

scribners sons

library

paramount

rockefeller plaza

We took a Christmas Eve romp through the city and what fun it was! Minimal meltdowns and everything! More or less we charted a path the shape of an upside down Utah through Midtown: working our way up 7th Ave quite bravely through Times Square (Toys R Us -- egad!) to 50th Street, hoofing it past Radio City Music Hall over to Rockefeller Plaza and down 5th Avenue, making a rest stop for weary feet at the Children's Center in the New York Public Library, taking a spin on Le Carrousel Magique in Bryant Park, going down the home stretch through 6th Ave (I don't know what others call it, but we call it Bead Alley), and ending the stroll at Macy's. Call it our miracle on 34th street that we hit most of the major hotspots in 4 hours. We also saw Santa everywhere -- he must be very quick on his feet to be in so many places at once. 'Twas a delight! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

20 comments:

painted fish studio said...

one day, i will spend xmas eve in new york! it sounds & looks fabulous! xo

Annie Pazoo said...

Looks absolutely delightful! Happy winter break and an extra early wish for a happy New Year's Aimee!

Annie Pazoo said...

Looks absolutely delightful! Happy winter break and an extra early wish for a happy New Year's Aimee!

rachel awes said...

merry christmas day after, dear friend! your new york tour romances the traveler in me! your photos are like looking through a snow globe! magical, aimee. xxooox

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love it! I was just thinking next time I go to NYC it has to be in winter :)

And all that in 4 hours - you're amazing :)

AAAAHHHHH, Bryant Park = my first love.

OH WAIT, I never blogged properly about NYC - I need to do that before the year is out.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

LOL at the mini meltdowns!

soulbrush said...

How wonderful to be in NY at this time of the year. I am jealous, it all looks so Xmassy ha ha. Seems those Santas brought you everything on your wish list this year.

Introverted Art said...

Wow Aimee, this looks beautiful!!!!

Pattyskypants said...

OMG! Thank you for the trip down memory lane! That's my childhood xmas right there! xxoo

Candied Fabrics said...

What a picture perfect day! All you needed was some snow - but that would have meant tromping through slush, so probably just as well! :-)

Petula Wright said...

Spending the holiday season in NYC is definitely something to put on my bucket list! Beautiful photos!

Nicole : Three By Sea said...

How fun! One of these Christmas seasons I want to take a New York trip.
Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas, Aimee!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing your NYC Christmas Eve photos Aimee!

Andria said...

Great photos! What a magical place to spend Christmas Eve!

Marcie said...

What fun! Just what an urban Christmas would look like!!! Wishing you and yours all the best in 2013!!!

anopensketchbook said...

I've been living vicariously the past few weeks through your instagrams. You provide a glimmer of hope that one day we'll be able to go places and do things again, kids in tow :) Aimee---you are such an incredible source of inspiration for so many. I can't wait to see all the places 2013 takes you!

queencake and titangirl said...

happy new year, aimee!may it be a good, healthy, colourful,exciting, balanced, lovely year!hugs from faraway berlin, anja xx

Nic McLean said...

how wonderful! I love these photos and would love to go back to NY at Christmas-it's the scene of every great Xmas movie (I just watched Serendipity again the other day, love it!)
happy new year!

Karen Smithey said...

What a fun way to spend Christmas Eve! Love the idea of Santa zipping all over the place!

Happy Paint Party Friday!

Em said...

Oh I love this! You've got all the magic of New York and not a bit of the misery in this post. (I can say that, I misspent my youth there. ;)

I love New York and now that I'm on the east coast, I'm going to do a weekend there at some point! Although I'll probably wait for it to be warmer.