Tuesday, November 20, 2012

list it tuesday 11/20: wish list

happymamalisa's (lisa gonzalez) love painting and confetti throw

my pie-in-the-sky wish list

1. for our bedroom to be as cheery as happymamalisa's (above). lovely visit with her yesterday as always. I love her new love painting and happy confetti throw.
2. for Twinkies to rise again, and to bring back with it the Marathon bar, Carnation Breakfast Bars, and Jell-o Gelatin Pops.
3. for things to be there, always, right when I need them. (talking to you, keys.)
4. for my kids to quit quarreling, bickering, tattling, and sapping my energy.
5. for my kids to never stop drawing.
6. to have a full closet of ballet flats. I just added a cute pair of red velvet to the stash last week...
7. to fly to one random place each week.
8. for my cold to go away.
9. for autocorrect to leave me alone.
10. to find a decent challah bread. here you'd think they'd be as plentiful as bagels, but I've tried at least a half dozen different kinds, and no go. the ones in Kansas were better.
11. for someone to wave a magic wand over the Jersey Shore, Staten Island and Long Island and make everything right again.
12. for fourth grade homework to go away.
13. for someone to replace our twelve burnt out lightbulbs.
14. to speak five languages fluently.
15. to be not so impatient.
16. remaining house style desires: 1) bungalow 2) casita 3) hobbit hut
17. to open a shop and fill it with wonderful handmade things from around the world.
18. to see the Northern Lights.
19. for my boots to quit tearing holes in my socks.
20. for everyone to just get along.

Thanks for all the great lists last week! I think we have enough topics to get us through the next millennium. Next week's suggested topic comes from Nicole: "been there, done that". (Kind of a bucket list in reverse. Sharpen your pencils and tell us about your checked boxes! :))

27 comments:

Candied Fabrics said...

Oh dear, lots of those really are pie in the sky wishes! BUT! I'll bet that #5 happens - you are such a great role model to your gals, I'll bet they are creative throughout their lives!

Kirstin McCulloch said...

I love your pie-in-the-sky list, i found my self nodding along - especially to no. 4 x

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love your wish list and am so with you on the patience thing!!!

I LOVE THAT ROOM!

I do believe I'll join you tonight!

rachel awes said...

i TOTALLY want a hobbit hut too!
+ oh...my boots cut into my beloved leggings and the butterflies and flowers on my leggings don't appreciate it one bit! and bickering robs me too! and i totally want your cold to vanish. and it makes me almost cry to read your list because it/you resonates so hugely, sister.
lovelove you so! xoxox
(oh my gosh! that love painting + bedding!!! ADORE! i wish i could breeze through your gathering + kiss you + happy mama's cheeks!).
:) :)

T.L. Holmes Williams said...

Great list, Aimee! I just love the way you put things :) I think many of these wishes can come to fruition within the next month or so, don't you? ;)

Kamana said...

i have 4, 5 and 15 on my list too. when you get 17 done, let me know, i will be your first customer.

i will be joining in with my list tomorrow!

Lynn Fisher said...

Love the room...such awesome colors!
Oh how I wish I could conjure that magic wand for all of those still struggling to recreate their lives after the the hurricane.
Lovely, and thoughtful, list...get well soon!
Happy Thanksgiving XXXO
-Lynn

Danielle said...

Great list....love your sense of humor.

Andria said...

Love your list, Aimee...humorous, yes, and TOTALLY true and understandable! :-)

storybeader said...

good luck with the kids, bread, and Twinkies. I wish the shore would all be right ago too, but maybe this is a wake-up call...In that vein, I wish gov't money flows quickly! {:-D

Jeannine said...

Carnation Breakfast Bars. I miss them, still.

Olivia said...

11 and 18 would be on my list too.. Challah Fairy (love the name!) gets great reviews for Challah. 170 North Main Street New City, New York 10956 if you want to drive a half hour or so :)

The Original Drama Mama said...

Long time, no "see" Ms Aimee :) For some reason, I thought of you today and had to come visit Artsyville! My, you've been busy - sorry to hear Sandy rained on your parade, but it looks like you're doing ok. As always, I love all your clever, quirky work. PS - List it Tuesday is BACK?!? How did I not know this! Dear me, I've been away too long!

moonsweetie said...

Hello! I just found your blog recently, and it inspired me to make a little visual journal list page for 'List it Tuesday'! I submitted my winter wish list. Seeing the Northern Lights is on my list too! I hope we both get to see them this year :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Katie R. said...

Good luck on the quarreling thing.. 15 and 11 in my house and it never stops.

Tricia @ Daring Hue said...

Love your list. Wish autocorrect would leave me alone too. :)

Artzy Empress said...

Bring back peanut butter Space Food Sticks. Does anyone else even remember Space Food Sticks? I can't be the only one!

Mary Walker Designs said...

Ah yes everyone getting along is always a good thing and hard to achieve.

laurie said...

i'm loving your list, nodding my head as i read the items. we have a place up in northern idaho where the northern lights are visible at times. come visit! i must make one of these lists of my own. :-)

Sally said...

More shoes! There can never be enough shoes.

Annie Pazoo said...

A wonderful list!


Wishing you a happy and peaceful Thanksgiving!!

hugs, A

Bella Sinclair said...

I'm gonna start praying to that big pie in the sky for all your wishes to come true. I hope it's okay that I pray with a very long pie fork. Your list is awesome! Hehehe, as for the challah bread, I seem to remember an excellent challah bread baker in Kansas who had these fantastic package labels.... hmmm. Oh, that's right. She moved to Jersey.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cindy said...

i'd be happy if people could just leave each orher alone. enjoy your thanksgiving!

Tracey Fletcher King said...

love the list... made me snort my tea once or twice... autocorrect hates me too... although mine seems to work in reverse and turns perfectly sane words into some weird hybrid word.. seems to speak some weird language... so I would like one of your five languages to be autoncorrect so you could work out what it is writing for me...

12 lightbulbs is impressive... maybe you should wait and go for the record... after all that has to be close doesn't it!!!!
T xx

collarcitybrownstone said...

I love your blog. Happy Thanksgiving day to you and your family1

aimee said...

thanks everyone!! xo

Cheryl said...

Hi Aimee, Happy Thanksgiving! Love your wish list! Saw you wished for Twinkies and thought I'd share with you a recipe for "Twinkie Pie" from the book The Sweet Potato Queen's Big-Ass Cookbook. 'Take some Twinkies and cut them in half lengthwise. Put them in a pan. Cover with vanilla pudding, bananas, strawberries, and peaches. Chill and enjoy!"