Sunday, November 25, 2012

art every day month : day twenty-four: time for kids

kids-important

Born out of parental guilt. Of course I KNOW this is important. But it's so easy for us all to be left to our own devices (in this day and age, quite literally) and drift off to our own corners. And then I wonder why they show up with those devices, right under my ear, and yammer and yell and fight with each other until I either 1) blow my top or 2) realize what they're looking for, even though they may not even know it, is some one on one. A game. A conversation. A book. A walk. Real life things -- together. So now I'm going to make bread with them.... before they grow up and don't want to do it anymore.

{I'm having Super Parent Saturday in my shop from now through Sunday noon EST -- 25% off all parenting doodles, including the doodle book The Things We Do.}

4 comments:

Andria said...

It's so true, Aimee...sometimes the worst behavior is simply the call, "Hey, Mom, notice me!!" Love the little figures in your doodles...so sweet!

Carolyn Dube said...

Words to remember here! That will probably be the best loaf of bread ever! Love your bold and bright colors- so much fun!

The Original Drama Mama said...

Whenever I'm frustrated, irritated, fed up - I think the very same thing...one day they won't want to do this stuff with me anymore.

Hope the bread was yummy and not *too* messy!

Hwee said...

So true, Aimee! That's why I haven't blogged so much lately, because even art takes time away from little children, and I have one to spend time with while he is still small! :-)