Sunday, November 4, 2012

art every day month : day three : house troll

Day three of wonky posting -- it is so visually distressing I can hardly endure it, almost more than six days without power ;) Art is a superb coping mechanism and I'm still intensely at it with my watercolor-inky originals: an explanation of why you can't ever find what you need in your house, a redoodle of my Quirk is What Makes it Work, and a piece in memory of three doodles that went into the trash today (my apologies to tender-eyed viewers, but it required a firm word). I'm going to drop these in the shop whenever we're re-electrified (which is beginning to feel like never). Thanks everyone for your cheery comments -- they mean more to me than you might know!

13 comments:

Candied Fabrics said...

Are you getting mail? Can I send you some homemade chocolate chip cookies??? (Seriously!)

Nicole : Three By Sea said...

Dude, that last one? Making my life! I WILL be purchasing it when it hits the doodle shop. If you ever get into licensing or merchandising, I'd looove to see that last one as an actual trash can for my studio/office.
Hope you're surviving and that you're home with light and heat and TV and phone chargers in your life again soon!

Ces Adorio said...

I hope you get your power back soon, the other kind, I mean :) Love your colors.

Gretchen said...

The third one totally reminds me of me when I'm in the middle of a project and I end up completely frustrated and wishing I hadn't even started it! Still thinking of you!

Tracey Fletcher King said...

you are a crack up.... and crossing fingers and toes the power comes back on soon... xx

painted fish studio said...

six days? i'd be using stronger language than you are at this point... fingers crossed that it comes back on ASAP!

Leah Virsik said...

Aimee, you have such a positive attitude! I do hope you get power back soon! And do hope you and your family are warm. Oh, I just read about your hotel. Nice! I love your your writing and your colors. You make it look easy. :)

Ruth said...

Aimee, your creative spirit in spite of the storm aftermath is inspiring. I hope you get electricity and power soon.

Mary Walker Designs said...

These are all really funny thank goodness you have AEDM to inspire you.

Bella Sinclair said...

They say technology saps creativity, which means you must be practically bursting at the seams!

Normally, I'd rejoice at daylight savings and the extra hour gained. But for you, it just means one less hour of daylight. ugh, let me put a little more salt on that wound. :(

Lynn Fisher said...

Oh dear...I'm crossing my eyes, fingers and toes for you that this whole non-electrical experiment will be over for you (and anybody else) really soon. It's much too cold to be without power.
Stay caffeinated!
Love
-Lynn

Andria said...

Sometimes the quirk is what makes it work....love it!

Hang in there!

Em said...

Those crazy house trolls!