Sunday, October 14, 2012

october surprise

2013-calendar-sneak-peek3

2013-flip-side

follow-the-full-moons-2013c

October surprise in Artsyville! I've had a severe attack of forward planning. Here are the results: a 2013 flipside doodle calendar and a 2013 Follow the Full Moons moon chart. The first two pictures are actually one and the same thing, with the year on the front and the months-at-a-glance on the reverse. I've wanted to make a calendar for years now and yay! I finally managed to do it, and I love how it turned out.

Follow the Full Moons 2012 wound up being my sleeper hit (so to speak) this year, which absolutely took me by surprise as I was not even planning to put it in the shop in the first place -- I whipped it up to satisfy my daughter's lunar curiosity. But I'm glad I did -- lots of people shared this one with their friends and the Brainpicker featured it on Twitter so I was very busy printing moons this year. I started getting e-mails in August asking if I was going to do a 2013 version so I figured I'd better get on it before the holiday season arrives and sucks me under.

Sorry to run two 'shoppy' posts in a row (I try not to do that too much) but I have lots of fresh material and will be updating the shop frequently this fall -- my pen/pencil/eraser is finally moving quickly again and that is a relief to me!

See you for List it Tuesday! Suggested topic this week is "what I love about where I live." All the goodness that Jersey has to offer -- coming up!

13 comments:

Introverted Art said...

Aimee, this is adorable. You really did get a head start on the year ;-)

Lisa Gonzalez said...

You are on a roll and I love it. Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve :)

painted fish studio said...

i am jealous of your head start! with every idea i have i fall farther and farther behind... gah!

Annie Pazoo said...

Wow - I totally missed the moon one this year. And picked up by Brainpicker? double Wow! I definitely will not miss out on the 2013 one, Ms. Aimee.

Lisa M Griffin said...

I didn't realize that there were so many moon variations... love the pink moon! ;)

lori vliegen said...

i hope you know that we absolutely love it when your doodle pen goes into hyper-speed-mode! and i can't think of a better way to spend 2013 than to get lost in all of that doodly fabulousness on your calendar pages! congrats on your new projects!! xox

Sarah said...

These are great! I especially like the moon one. And as for crochet-you can do a lot with just one or two stitches -so keep trying! I love it!

sowandsew said...

I love the moon one. I tend to go a bit dippy at full moon - it might be good to give my family advance warning...

Em said...

how cool. Love the moons.

Bella Sinclair said...

Ooooh, how aimee got her groove back! Soooooo niiiiiiice. I love these! You know, you got me looking up at the moon more this year. Every once in a while, I will let out a quiet howl, just for you. :)

xoxo

Hwee said...

Very pretty and bright calendar! You're well ahead in the game for next year!

Lynn Fisher said...

Awesome Aimee...Beautiful work!

S.E.Minegar said...

gorgeous!