Sunday, September 30, 2012

all the way through The Things We Do

I've posted many a peep here and there of my parenting doodle book The Things We Do, but not yet in sequence or context. There is a semi-linear flow to it (particularly at the beginning and the end), so the task of photographing all 34 pages and putting them in order here has been nibbling at me for the past few months. Finally! My camera is fading away, so the pictures are not the best, but at least it tells my story from start to finish. For anyone who has the patience and energy to endure, grab a cup of coffee or something stronger and read on...

blog-ttwd-blue-cover

atwt-page-2

atwt-page-3

atwt-page-4

atwt-page-5

atwt-page-6

atwt-page-7

atwt-page-8

atwt-page-9

atwt-page-10

atwt-page-11

atwt-page-12

atwt-page-13

atwt-page-14

atwt-page-15

atwt-page-16

atwt-page-17

atwt-page-18

atwt-page-19

atwt-page-20

atwt-page-21

atwt-page-22

atwt-page-23

atwt-page-24

atwt-page-25b

atwt-page-26

atwt-page-27

atwt-page-28

atwt-page-29

atwt-page-30

atwt-page-31

atwt-page-32

atwt-page-33

atwt-page-34

If you made it through, congrats :) And thanks to all who picked up copies in print when I first 'published' it -- much appreciated!

See you all for List it Tuesday!

18 comments:

Kristin Noelle said...

What a wonderful book! My heart is so warmed by it.

Kristin Noelle said...

What a wonderful book! My heart is so warmed by it.

Lynn Fisher said...

Wow, what an amazing job!

cath c said...

please pub again!

Carin Cullen said...

Fabulous Aimee! Love it! I'm still laughing at the little foot kicking the monster out the door and many other things! Brilliant!

Vicki Holdwick said...

Aimee,

This is spectacular. I love your hand writing and your writing style - both the look and the content,

xoxo

sono io annie pazoo said...

Aimee this is really wonderful !

Andria said...

Wow! You put such an amazing amount of work into this book! Thanks so much for sharing.

lori vliegen said...

a true labor of love! and as fabulous as it looks in your photos, it's even better in person!! i'm SO happy that i have my very own copy to snuggle up with and enjoy! i can't wait for the sequel!! xox

Maria Ontiveros said...

What an amazing project! As a parent of a 14 and 17 yo, I remember those days with joy.
Rinda

Juniper Goods said...

Wow how cool is that! I would have liked to have one of these when my children were young. Are these still for sale? It much have taken forever to make this book.
Very inspiring!
Thanks, Chandra

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Fabulous! :)

Mary Walker Designs said...

This is the most amazing description of exactly how it is to be a parent.

Evelyn Howard said...

Congrats - they look great.

Susie Lubell said...

it's astonishing. I felt that way when it arrived at my mom's this summer. and immediately after when aviv spilled juice on it. serves me right for opening important mail in the kitchen. you can put that on volume II. xox

Bella Sinclair said...

GOB. SMACKED! Oh my freaking goodness! This is one awesome compilation, and I THANK you from the bottom of my heart for finally answering the question that I never can manage to answer: Gee, what the heck did I do all day? You had me nodding and guffawing and groaning in recognition. Yes yes yes! There is SO MUCH that we do as parents! This book is absolutely amazing and fun and your lettering is perfection. Congratulations on finishing!!!!

Kamana said...

oh wow, this is soooo wonderful! you are awesome :)

The Original Drama Mama said...

This is amazing! I want one for me, of course - and it's the perfect gift for many of my mama friends...don't suppose you could run a holiday sale? I want to buy like, 4 or 5 of them - at least! :)