Thursday, October 20, 2011

cut and paste therapy

collaged-day-planner

Collage is great therapy. Last night I stole three hours to defile the cover of an ugly day planner with pieces of washi tape, painted/patterned papers, magazine bits, match book covers. I made a mess & it felt good.

The only thing I take in my coffee is more coffee. Either one shot of espresso or two.

Keeping sweet Liv, who just lost her dad, in my thoughts. I think she herself is an angel.

Parking tickets in Lawrence are only three bucks.

I want to make tape out of my doodle patterns.

After a year of using Twitter I'm still not sure I entirely understand it.

Anyone want a high chair? Or a Pack & Play?

Autumn is my favorite season. I can feel and see change happening. It makes me feel alive and pushes me into action. I know the year will soon be gone.

Today marks six weeks since I haven't touched a stove or an oven.

Check out what Michelle did to her stairs with a paintbrush. Absolutely incredible.

Insomnia has its advantages. This morning I decoupaged a journal cover, lettered a page, made a set of labels and packaged two orders. All before 6 am!

19 comments:

aimee said...

(sorry for the cascade of random thoughts format, but it might be this way for a while -- i can't form paragraphs right now)

M said...

But it is great that you can express your feelings and random thoughts via creative stuff like that!

sooz weissberg said...

I like this format!! :D

Jen Niles said...

Three hours??!! Where did you find THOSE? :-)

I need to get back in control of finding time for my art. (I've got your doodle on the wall admonishing me to do so.) It's helpful to keep watching you, so I can see how it's done!!

Kelly Warren said...

$3 tickets? really? wow. and I'm still loving your random thoughts. This rescued and revamped planner is the coolest.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

oooh, I think I need some cut and paste therapy, esp as I got in two orders *blush* of washi tape yesterday!

Love your random thoughts - now tell me, is someone else cooking, or what are you guys eating????

Sadly or not, I've never in my life had insomnia - I "suffer" from too much sleep

painted fish studio said...

love the random thoughts format. it still gives us the fix we need! xo

seven swirls designs said...

You should make tape of your doodle prints!

Andria said...

Great collage...it's my favorite form of therapy too!! I LOVE the idea of you turning your doodles into tape; that would be amazing!

mo said...

creating tape out of your doodles? fantastic idea! it'll sell out in seconds ;)

Cindy said...

i love the format - it's easy to scroll. doodle-tape. yes indeedy!

lori vliegen said...

whether they're in random format, or paragraphs......your thought process always makes me smile. and yes.....doodle tape! brilliant!!! it would look fantastic collaged on your day planner!! xoxox

michelle allen said...

love your random thoughts! i'm completely with you on the twitter thing! i pretty much just ignore it at this point. i wish i was with you on not touching a stove.:) your collage is beautiful and so fun! and thank you for the love my sweet friend. xo-m

Angel said...

Great journal collage cover, what a great idea, to just collage, I must give this therapy a go. Looks like fun.

la ninja said...

shut up with your apologies.
randomness rules.
diggin' your rhythm.

just one little thing: less coffee, more zen, you!
from one nutter to another x

Bella Sinclair said...

Prunes! Love this creative chaos!

Seriously? $3? Wow, that's cheaper than a lot of garages.

Alexandra Hedberg said...

the doodle ape is a great idea!

like the randomness. I think your way of writing your posts feels very "twitter" but also like a stream of thoughts without censoring ...

Alexandra Hedberg said...

I didn't mean a doodlee ape, but a tape.

Though thinking about it - a doodling primate could be even more fun. what would it be about? Bananas? Should the monkey doodle or should you doodle on the monkey?

Sandra said...

My favorite type of therapy - ART COLLAGE!