Sunday, August 7, 2011

sunday stuff

just walking in circles around the house today.

sunday-stuff-pillows

pillows i love.

sunday-stuff-postcards

postcards of pixie campbell's paintings. me loves these too.

sunday-stuff-lampshades

the girls' room was a garbage dump. yesterday i took a deep breath & went in & gutted it. found three lampshades. (and a lot more.)

sunday-stuff-star

a paper star that has survived the years.

sunday-stuff-tango

a print i picked up in buenos aires years ago -- artist garroffo (? scrawled signature)

sunday-stuff-attic-nook

a little nook in our attic. it looks over a well traveled intersection. sometimes i sit up here with a cup of coffee and spy on the passersby.

and... well, i have more, but i have to cut it short because the girls are taping towels to the stairs and it is only a matter of time before someone goes skid-bang on their caboose or worse. considerably more dangerous than the bananas they taped to the ceiling yesterday. gotta go :)

18 comments:

jane said...

:):):) never a dull moment! me loves all the colors!
xxx

Candied Fabrics said...

Am I hallucinating, or do I recall a tale of them taping bananas on the ceiling a LONG time ago? Or are they in the habit of taping random things to the ceiling? ;-)

aimee said...

you were probably thinking of the marshmallows :)

Karen Blados said...

I'll pay you to come do both of the Punks' rooms. I've been avoiding them all summer. Unfortunately, they need to be painted and I need to clean if I want to actually get to the walls. Argh.

Sandra said...

I too (heart) your pillows, your blog color design makes me smile.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I always love your posts because they're full of happy :)

I would totally spy on the passersby too :) Do you also enjoy people-watching at airports? (someone should pay me to make up stories about people :))

Renee said...

i like your blog - the colors are warm and inviting! TFS
Renee

aimee said...

thanks! renee, glad you stopped by!

S.E.Minegar said...

love your nooks. have the girls try tape faces (with scotch tape)...they can tape their noses up and eye lids down....then photograph their masterpieces. loads of fun...i still do it!

Christine E-E said...

uh! oh! kids - they think of the most "amazing things"... you really seem to "go with the flow"...
the colors in your house are amazing - those pillows - oh! la! la!

Sadee Schilling said...

Bananas taped to the ceiling??!! My girls are still toddlers, but I wouldn't be surprised to find a little experiment like that hanging in my house in the coming years!

Your home looks cozy and beautiful! I am so glad I found your blog!

aimee said...

there's something every day! wish i WERE more 'roll with it' -- i'm trying.

Kim Hambric said...

Happy Happy House!!! Thanks for sharing these photos! I'm inspired to work on my home just a bit.

(three lampshades?)

Alexandra Hedberg said...

everything about you is so colourful ...

Andria said...

Great photos...isn't it nice to wander around the house and "rediscover it" a bit? Maybe you've done it already, but there sounds like there is plenty to draw and doodle about in your kids' escapades!!

stephanie levy said...

I love that window! Ohhh! Beautiful - and as always it is a treat to even see where Aimee lives ;)

myrtle said...

WoW! that was great. so colorful.=D
Buy Rift Account

Bella Sinclair said...

I love your pillows. And I love your attic. I hope your new home has as much charm as this one.