Monday, August 8, 2011

slowly moving haiku

on-the-go-and-in-the-air-pic

I've gotten such a bang out of penning haiku over the past few months that I'm making a doodle book stuffed full of it -- some old, some new, none borrowed, some blue. If only the speed of my pen could match my level of enthusiasm! I'm way too slow for my liking. Here's a peek of the travel section in progress. I started with that hoping it would help move my sludgy hand a little more energetically.

Back tomorrow In the Drawing Room with a patterning pioneer who rarely sits down and bites her hand when she's hoppin' mad!

10 comments:

rachel awes said...

oh aimee!
this is a brilliant book idea!!
i love your haiku so!
heart candy! xox

Candied Fabrics said...

Awesome sauce! Will this one be for sale? If so, maybe taking pre-orders will speed your hand! (It also may stress the hell out of you) Please know that either way, I'm sitting here with my credit card out! ;-)

aimee said...

thanks gals! yes -- this one will be in the shop and i'll put a link here when it has completely manifested itself!

painted fish studio said...

artsyville haiku:
can't wait to savor it all
with vinho verde

iHanna said...

Haha, your haikus are very non-traditional and funny, love the illustrations too. It will be an awesome book I think. Enjoy, even when it feels slow.

Chel said...

This. is. so. COOL! (I think I say that a lot, but what a great idea!) I love your Haiku!

Miraculous Mosquito said...

The idea of writing in the luggage tags was so clever, I love it!

Natasha said...

If you write it I will buy it (said in the Field of Dreams "If you build it they will come" voice) I will take all the Artsyville lovin' I can get!!

Shelley Malone said...

Oh, YUM! I can't wait until this one is done. Your haikus always crack me up.

Bella Sinclair said...

....chaps my gypsy hide. Hahahaha! You have such a way with words, as much as you do with your ink and colors.