Monday, April 25, 2011

six giraffes and a peep

funkytown-giraffes

funkytown-parade

funkytown-magnet

impaled-peep

on saturday my artsy pal bobbi clued me in to a giraffe parade over at funkytown (a little trading environment set up by one of our neighbors), so i high tailed it over there with the birdie girl before they disappeared. i couldn't bring myself to take one, so instead we filched a unicorn and a ball, and left behind one of my plumed pencils, part of our abstract adventure, and a something calling magnet in their places. then i walked downtown and found this lovely peep glued on the side of a building, and coincidentally, when i went to bobbi's blog this morning to get her link, i found that she had discovered some surprisingly similar ones lurking in an alley -- from which i can only guess that there were more. the thought that someone peeped the city this weekend gives me a kinda warm and fuzzy feeling on a cold and soggy monday morning.

16 comments:

MaryL said...

Absolutely delightful!! I would not have had your restraint concerning the giraffes... one of them would have just HAD to come home with me! The little bunny 'surprise' is sooo cute :)))

jane said...

i swear you live in the coolest town in THE WORLD.
xxx

S.E.Minegar said...

graffiti peeps....hilarious! i would have snagged that giraffe croquet set...if i had a mallet and balls.

loved your latest eavesdropping post too. i play a game i call "capture the conversation" when i power walk. i try to remember sound bites and keep them in order. i write them down when i return home.

happy monday.

Jill Berry said...

Those giraffes need a hippo croquet ball and you are set for the afternoon.
What a town! My town would arrest you for doing that.

lori vliegen said...

it's official.....the peeps have finally escaped and are loose in the city.....yikes! you live in one wild and crazy town, girlfriend!! (and i would SO love to see it upclose and personal!!) xox

cindy k said...

yes, jane is right, your town is cool. i love the giraffe 'fence'!

artistaprilcole@gmail.com said...

Wonderful! So delighted I stopped by for a visit!
Photos are playful, alive with colors, and very inspiring.
Thank you for sharing all of this and apart of you :]

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, the giraffes are coming, the giraffes are coming! Aren't they adorable all lined up like that!!! Well, adopting just one and separating the herd just would not seem right. I would have to take the whole gang, for sure! Someone is going to luck out with your magnet!

Ahh, thank goodness you said the Peep was glued. I thought he was impaled on the branch!

seven swirls designs said...

Yes those giraffes are definitely ready for a croquet match, so cute!

M said...

Way cool!! I ditto Jane!

cath c said...

if only your town weren't so far from the coast, i'd move there in a shot!

soulbrush said...

how can you live in such an arty area, sigh...?
oh I adore raffies, they are my all time favourite animals! I am so lucky I have seen them up close and even patted/rubbed a baby one. Bliss.

Beth Niquette said...

Your blog just now, made me giggle...the thought someone peeped a city anywhere delights my soul. LOL

Andria said...

"Peeped the city"--I love it!

tulpen said...

your town is so much cooler than mine.

if someone 'peeped the town' i'm sure it would have been construed as some sort of crime.

Cindi aka Ericksoc said...

I'm with everyone else, I'm moving to your town!