Thursday, March 10, 2011

sunshine arrives

58-and-grace-mille-bornes-cards

58-and-grace-package

58-and-grace-readers-digest-cover

58-and-grace-journal-covers

58-and-grace-book-covers

yesterday marked the eighth day that i had been saddled indoors with one enfant malade or another. over the past week i've dished out more cherry jell-o, wielded more thermometers, force-fed more medication, and watched more shaun the sheep than one should ever have to. my life was starting to feel a bit like groundhog day. but the sunshine arrived in many forms this morning and cleared the air. my artsygirl's fever broke in the middle of the night, march madness is on the horizon, my shop reached its 1000th sale, and in the mail today arrived a beautiful postcard from south africa (thank you asiye!) and this delightful package from the vintage shop 58 and grace. i had my eye on the vintage french game cards for quite a while and thought i'd best snag them before they were gone forever. and lucky me, since i happened to be her 100th sale, whitney surprised me with this gorgeous, elegant package of salvaged readers' digest book covers (adorned with an antique key!), meant for repurposing into journal covers. i love the colors and the patterns -- they will be PERFECT for my new journaling method because i won't even have to rip my journals apart in the first place -- she's already done it for me! thank you so so much whitney -- i'll send you a little surprise in return and i will pay your goodness forward to the lovely buyer who helped me reach my own milestone this morning!

a few more tidbits to share:

> registration starts monday for the 21 secrets art journaling playground workshop (go here for my class description - i've had a blast preparing for it!);
> liv is giving away three of my mini doodle bookmarks;
> i am woefully out of the loop on everything else;
> and thank you for all the comments on last week's post -- contact with the outside world kept me going!

30 comments:

Fine Lines said...

Congratulations!! What pleasant surprise after all those days of devoted "mommyness"!!!

Chel said...

I'm so sorry that you've been tending to the ill- I hope everyone gets better soon.

(btw, my Artsyville order came today and I was so delighted that I made my husband come downstairs and look at it ;) He snagged one of the mini print bookmarks for his office, which I love! Thank you again so very much, you have made me very happy today!!)

Candied Fabrics said...

Hooray! Glad you've had some wonderful milestones - seize the day!

Karen Blados said...

Glad things are looking up and CONGRATULATIONS on the 1000 sale!

We Three 3 said...

Hope your kiddies are feeling better soon. i am going to check out details of the workshop:)

tulpen said...

Love that card game!! Have you ever played? Great drinking game.

tulpen said...

Love that card game!! Have you ever played? Great drinking game.

Jan | Daisy Janie said...

Congrats on your 1000th sale! May you enjoy 1000 more in record time - and 1000 rays of sunshine to go with them!

aimee said...

I would love to see what kind of drinking game these cards spawn! Does "out of gasoline" mean drink more? does "stop" mean "enough, buddy"? does "limite de vitesse" mean you have to pace yourself?

Isabel said...

Glad everyone is feeling better!!!ooo glad you had wonderful treasures to make you smile:O) Have a great week:O)

artistaprilcole@gmail.com said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful day.
Lovely photos, enjoy your many blessings :]

cactus petunia said...

Mille Bornes! Funny how I just described that card game to someone yesterday...I played it all the time when I was a little kid.

Congratulations on your 1,000th sale!

Carrie said...

congratulations on your milestone!! and what lovely treats! (you totally deserve them, i can not imagine what stress it is to have a poorly child).
may the sunshine warm your soul xx

Kirstin said...

I love Mille Bornes and I play with my kids all the time. I still have the set I had as a kid which would now be called "vintage". So glad your kids are feeling better.

kelly barton art + design said...

you have a class!!!! ihave to go check that out.
i love all your work and a big WOOT WOOT on the
1000th sale. wow!

The Original Drama Mama said...

My Miss A came home from school with a fever yesterday (and I had just spent the morning talking about how much I miss the sunshine with a co-worker at the gym I teach at). I myself am in a funk - my schedule thrown off, home with a sick kid, and still no sunshine...hopefully your break into the clear finds its way to me soon too ;)
Glad to hear arstygirl is feeling better, and congrats on the 1000th sale!

joanne said...

wonderful blooming news over here... so glad that the fevers and sicknesses are leaving...

congratulations on 1000 sales!!! WOW... that is so awesome...

and oh my my... some of my most favorite memories of childhood are of my family sitting around the kitchen table playing Mille Bornes, the car racing card game. I'm sure my parents still have the original set of cards somewhere, and I was also so thrilled to find a reproduction of the original graphics in the Collectors Edition on Amazon. Those cards bring back so many happy memories.

Happy Budding Spring :)

Pointy Pix said...

I'm glad your wee'uns are feeling better and you are no longer housebound. Congratulations on your 1000th sale - that's a big achievement but totally unsurprising given the beautiful work you make. I love the colours and patterns of the book covers you received today - what a lovely surprise!

S.E.Minegar said...

that's touring!! i played a vintage parker brothers version over the holiday break! too funny.

congrats on winning that key. and for your 1000th sale.

...and finally, congrats on getting out of the house.

rachel awes said...

oh dearheart!
i am so happy for you
that wellness winds
are now sweeping
through your house
& new gifts are
finding their way
to color you w/delight!
yesyesyes!!! i sing to you!!
xoxox

Mary said...

Just wandered over here from the 21 Secrets class page on Dirty Footprints. I have been on the fence about doing this but may have to find the time somehow and just do it.

Your work is so colorful and inspiring! I especially love the way you arranged the quotations from the Art Spirit - I have the new reprinted version and it is one of my favorite art books.

iHanna said...

there are 21 comments before I write this, a sign that 21 secrets will be great once again, I'm sure. I hope you will have fun teaching, I know I did in the last round. :-)

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Congrats on your 1000th sale - Oh, I DREAM of this :)

Marcia (123 blog) said...

P.S. Love your link here


http://artistswhoblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/aimee-dolich-artists-who-blog.html

Do you know the date on your one doodle (7/7/09) is the date of my twins' birthday? :)

Bella Sinclair said...

Yay hooray! And with the sunshine comes a beautiful rainbow! What a great package, and those book covers are fan-freakin-tastic! Congratulations on the 1000, and a big hug for getting through the storm!

Lori said...

I hope everyone in your home is feeling brighter and you continue to have sunshine :)

Anne B. said...

What sunshine indeed! Mille Bornes cards, mille sales, heaps of treasures, and a return to health. Hooray! I laughed about shaun the sheep -- he's been a regular at our house, too.

cindy said...

congratulations on 1,000 and counting! and, that's mighty nice mail! and the journalling class sounds like it will be so much fun!

AG Ambroult said...

I cannot wait to see what you do with those book covers.

I'm doing a little jig for having health returned to your family. We've had one hell of a winter, what with all the snow and germs.

Trece said...

Cards from Mille Bournes!!! I haven't seen those cards in years - we had a set!!