Wednesday, March 16, 2011

naughty bunny + an artsyville sale

naughty-bunny

I'm having a sale in Artsyville! from now through Sunday, March 20, use the code SPRINGBREAK2011 for 20% off your entire order (so that makes it a city-wide sale)! After that, the doodleshop will go on vacation for a month while I dream and doodle up a bunch of fresh new goods, go on vacation myself, and help my girls with some of their own artsy projects. My oldest artsygirl writes a series of stories about a bunny family and she has become so attached to her characters that she is creating a family scrapbook of their lives and daily doings. Instead of drawing her people this time she wanted to use photos -- so I gave her my camera and a limit of 15; otherwise she would have filled up the memory card with pictures of the toilet. Her younger sister posed as May, the enfant terrible of the bunny family, doing very naughty things like climbing on the counter, knocking over the trash can, spilling pancake mix, and so on. Now she's learning how to edit her own photos, and next she'll print, cut, paste and write the captions so she can get back to her other work in progress, "The Girl Who Wouldn't Take Her Tamiflu."

Thanks SO much to everyone who has enrolled so far in 21 Secrets: An Art Journal Playground -- we're going to have a blast! I've been hand doodling my entire class manual and my hand is about to fall off. We'll have an online classroom where we can exchange thoughts, ideas, pages and progress -- and I'll have lots of little Artsyville giveaways here and there to keep things spicy. It all starts April 1st, but registration will stay open until May 31.

Wishing you a great week!

21 comments:

cath c said...

enjoy your break and good luck with the sale!

ha! - pics of the toilet. when captain comic gets his hands on the camera we see lots of crazyfaced self-portraits.

Phoenix Peacock said...

I have a question, if registration stays open until May 31 - does that mean once I've signed up for it I can start at any point, meaning I can wait until after graduation to start?! Because then I will be signing up. I just don't have time to even look at it until mid May.

And I think your daughter is a creative genius. Just like her momma

aimee said...

thanks! :) phoenix, you can start at any point -- just because it starts april 1 doesn't mean you'll miss anything if you don't start that day. whenever you register you'll have access to all the teachers' classrooms, pdfs and videos for those who have them - and you can take them in any order. everything will be available until july 31, so you can pace yourself based on your schedule and what's convenient for you.

painted fish studio said...

i was briefly transported 28 years, to when my sister and i would play similarly... the things we would come up with together to keep our minds occupied... it's a bittersweet feeling.

so glad you're taking a vacay! spring is almost here, we'll all feel renewed, soon! xo

T.L. Holmes Williams said...

I'm registering soon...I need a creative booster shot, so it will be perfect! I agree with Phoenix. That girl's got MOXIE! :D

S.E.Minegar said...

did artsygirl add those doodles herself? wow. kids are so advanced.

you've got an impressive and creative little runt. just might be the first tamiflu story ever.

good luck with your class.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Enjoy your break, Aimee!

Also, I love the naughty bunny :) and your red kettle.

freebird said...

You'll be needing to teach her PhotoShop soon so she can edit her pictures there! The kids grow up so fast; it's great to see you really enjoying yours.

The Original Drama Mama said...

Totally OT - I love your little tea bar set up on the counter :)

Carrie said...

Have a fabulous break with your talented girlies but don't forget to come back!! I need my fix of artsyville goodness :)

Sharon said...

I have decided that I am signing up under you for 21 Secrets. Can't wait to check out your great class. You actually have the kids that WILL be taking care of Mom later in life. That's the way you have raised them:)

AG Ambroult said...

Oh, you will be missed. But the reasons for your vacation are excellent. Please PLEASE share more images from the bunny family's adventures when you return.

Lori said...

Yay for artsyville sales! Soon you will be at 2000 no question. Love you!

artistaprilcole@gmail.com said...

So clever and cute!
Good luck on your "artsyville sales"
Hip,hip... horay!
Enjoy and celebrate all your blessings.

rachel awes said...

aimee,
i love this combined photo/drawing..
& i too love bunnies,
& taking breaks,
& making time,
& showing up
where i need to be.
have a fabulous month, dear!
xoxox

L'Atelier said...

have a great holiday... i do hope to hear from your off time. otherwise i shall miss you.

love your daughters idea! ingenious!!

the course sounds so great.. i am really interessted, but we planning on being on the road for at least june/july possibly more...gona wait a bit before i sign up to see how things pan out.
xo

(ps so glad you liked the card :):) it just screamed Aimee to me)

cindy said...

the book sounds wonderful (great title), but the team work amongst you three girls is the best part. kids are so smart these days - editing her photos, already. whoa! i remember playing supermarket as a kid and was happy to pretend to be the cashier. i loved to push the items down the conveyer-belt ;). enjoy your work break, although sounds like you'll be very busy, but in the best ways. have a good weekend!

Bella Sinclair said...

Artsygirl's got that creative FIRE! Oh wow! And May bunny is so cute, she can get away with murder. :)

Take care of that hand, dear Aimee. After all this work, you deserve a wonderful break with your little ones.

xoxoxo

Christine E-E said...

Aimee, Aimee... your creativity will be missed... but having R&R is super important! for the soul, mind, body and family!
Good Luck with your class! sounds interesting! wish I could commit to taking an online course?? I failed miserably at my last one! urggh! too many family things & work just gets in the way of my personal time.
Enjoy the coming Spring blossoms! and do check in sometimes.

lori vliegen said...

no way could this be a naughty bunny.....she's waaay too cute!! and the story that goes with it is precious!!

i signed up for 21 secrets last week......mainly for your workshop!! can't wait! xox, :))

la ninja said...

aha. the apple/pear/plum/banana doesn't fall far from the tree, ei. digging that composition-pic big time :)