Friday, December 17, 2010

minidoodles

deck-of-minidoodles

little-doodle-card-backs

mini doodle-bookmarks

thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! it was a wonderful day and i'm still celebrating. i've been really, obnoxiously obsessed with my new minidoodles this week. i had been looking for a way to make a little version of my doodles that were more portable and durable than the magnets and prints (my fascination with the keychains puttered out), and I finally came up with something that made my heart sing - these minidoodle wallet cards/ bookmarks. i was going to wait until the new year to put them in the shop, but i finished them early to give as christmas gifts, and i saw no virtue in waiting (i never do). they are the same size as the magnets, printed on a super duper thick cover paper, laminated on both sides to protect them from the elements, and each one has a coordinating pattern on the reverse so you'll get a burst of artsyville color no matter which side you use. i'm going to test 12 of them in the shop for now, and if they do well, i'll add others after the new year.

with the kids out of school, my attendance around here will be spotty for the next few weeks, so I'm going to put List it Tuesday on vacation. you're totally welcome to keep the listing going on your own blogs, but i'll start the LIT posts here again on january 4. no doubt i'll be back before then for a sanity check or two. happy holidays!

(p.s. mother of all holiday newsletters here. love that tulpen and her bad words.)

29 comments:

storybeader said...

I like the bookmarks! So cheerful, they're sure to attract attention. Have fun with the kids and family. Later {:-D

S.E.Minegar said...

beautiful! what kind of printer do you have? i too am on a listing hiatus (excluding this week).

hope your b-day was exceptionally fabulous!

cath c said...

so cute, like everything you do! enjoy your holidays. back for lists in the new year!

CJD said...

Yipee! I just ordered some of these from you on etsy. Can't wait to see them in person! I have wanted something of yours for a long time. I love your unique style

rachel awes said...

i love your doodles
in mini
& max
& in between
& on a bus
& on a train..
they are
so good, so good,
you see!
xox

jane said...

looking good aimee! have a wonderful vaycay with the kids!
xxx

●• Thereza said...

aww those tiny doodles look so nice :)

tulpen said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

And thanks for the shout!

Briana said...

I love the minidoodle cards, including the backs! Those are the backs, right? Nice work, once again!

Chel said...

I think I really just want to *eat* those cards. Seriously. They are beautiful to look at.

JessiVille said...

Love the little doodle bookmarks! So colorful and cheerful! Yummy.

Bella Sinclair said...

Mini doodles with maxi impact! BeYOOtiful!

Pointy Pix said...

Lovely wee mini doodles - I love the 'made in artsyville' on the back of them!! Good idea about List it Tuesday going on holiday for a while as I have the ideas but not the time to execute them in a decent way on my blog at the moment (not until I get this dastardly sketchbook project finished!) Happy Christmas to you Aimee and I'll look forward to more lists in the New Year.x

Sherry Lynn said...

I love this idea, when I ordered my yoga card from you, you gave me two little doodles I just love, I am thinking about making them into a necklace by sauntering them between glass ;-)...Love your work

Megan Coyle said...

You mini doodles look FABULOUS :) looks like you've been busy with all your bright, colorful, and beautiful pieces

peggyfussell said...

Love 'em!

Christine said...

I love these! (I love everything you make :-)

Happy Holidays to you. I hope you'll have a good one :o)

Thelma-Art said...

Super cute!! I love the vibrant colors and fantastic art.

L'Atelier said...

WOW! they are gorgeous Aimee! super cute gorgeousness, what a mini power pack!:):):)
i shall miss LIT! love them but looking forward to hear what's up in Artsyville soon.
meanwhile i pretend i am on summer holidays ;)

AG Ambroult said...

i love the mini doodle idea. Imagine if everybody had a :make time for your art, it's important" card in their wallet?

fluffysam said...

have a wonderful christmas! i actually came up with a pretty great list this week and i am posting it anyway :) ha!

Anairam said...

These are lovely. And bookmarks are always handy. I keep running out and /or losing them and end up using torn strips of paper...

I do hope that the new year will bring more and more artsyville goodness into your and our lives! PS I plan to do the LIT with you in 2011. Like all procrastinators, I love lists. Of all kinds ...

Nicky Linzey said...

Happy Holidays Aimee - have a great time!

Alexandra Hedberg said...

Merry Christmas!

lori vliegen said...

i've been away from blogland for too long......am i the last person on the planet to wish you a happy birthday?!! ooooh, bad me. i'm glad that you're still celebrating......i think the older we get, the longer we should party about it, don't you?!

i love your doodly minis......of course, your stuff looks fantabulous in any size......! these will fly out of your shop!

happy holidays, sweet doodle friend......love and joy to you and your family!! xoxox, :))

. said...

Your site is great. I love finding new art blogs. I wish you had a tumblr, but I can settle for an RSS.


thanks for putting out awesome work,

http://anoutfitforeveryseason.com/

Shannon said...

these are super cool. excited to see what this new year brings for you and that amazing creativity of yours...

happy new years!

toemailer said...

Enjoy your time off and here's wishing you a fantastic 2011!!!

* * * said...

I was about to ask how it is you get so much DONE when you have kids, and then I saw that you send them to school.

Ahh, that's one thing we give up when we homeschool...

Anyway, you are SUCH A HUGE inspiration to me. Thanks for doing what you're doing.