Monday, October 12, 2009

a night of light

candle-arrangement

diwali-invitation

little-kids

two-dancers2

orange-dancer

candle-holders

a quick hello to share a few scenes from an unforgettable evening! thanks to a thoughtful friend we had the honor last night of attending a celebration of diwali, the festival of lights and the national holiday of india which celebrates enlightenment, love, togetherness and hope. it filled my soul with good vibes - i can feel the energy coming through on the final touches on my project, which represents another cultural tradition of light and love. back to the doodletable and i'll see you wednesday for corner view!

p.s. and after that i'll be back with a report of the goofy event requiring clean floors in my home. it is not a sleepover although that is a very good guess :)

15 comments:

la ninja said...

goofy event, goofy event, we want the goofy event!!! :)

Sarah said...

I love Diwali! I bet it was a fun and beautiful celebration! I wonder what you are doing on your floor? Looking forward to finding out!

lori vliegen said...

wow, your photos are fantastic....that first one looks like a great, colorful doodle! and what about this goofy event.....inquiring minds want to know.....

p.s. thanks so much for your support over at my blog, aimee....it means the world to me! :)))

steve said...

Wow, wonderful Aimee! Kris and I will be having our own little festival as well. In Trinidad, her home country, Diwali is a huge, beautiful event.

thedoodlegirl said...

Wow! Fun event and cool pictures!

jane said...

now that´s a holiday i could get into to... mmm clean floors... can´t wait to hear more... hugs!

●• Thereza said...

fab colours!!! goofy event? ... more of that :)

Shannon said...

Sounds like a beautiful celebration! Ok... My guess about the clean floors...stomping grapes? :)

Nina Crittenden said...

What a treat to attend the festival- your photos are so cool. I am intrigued by the tables...

Jeannette said...

That´s a great colorful evening! I would have love to be there.
Now...a goofy party that requires clean floors...now you have me wondering what kind of party that will be. Can´t wait to see the update on that! ;)

Lori said...

Beautiful! Looks like a super fun celebration.

oneartistjournal said...

I LOVE the concept of fcelebrating light and love in different cultures. But 'they' sure know how to translate these words into something grand, indescribable, to do it with so much color and warmth...so beautiful Aimee. I so long to reside in your pictures right now.

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

This is a fabulous blog. I love your doodles in your 'blog banner'. I look forward to reading through your blog and seeing some more of your doodles.

Melody Sage said...

That sounds like such a lovely night. My guess for the clean floor event-a twister party?

bklyn76 said...

gorgeous photos!