Tuesday, August 25, 2009

farewell, trashy mood

all right, i'll admit it: i was in a trashy mood on saturday, the kind that shows up for no good reason, uninvited, and expects rather selfishly to be entertained the entire day. so as any self-respecting funk dweller would do, i walked downtown and headed directly for the alley, imagining an accompaniment of minor notes and mournful violins...

started my slumming here...


clucked in sympathy with this person whose visual output was apparently expunged from a back door in the alley...


did what this spray painted pipe said to do...


looked in vain for the uplifting sign in the last photo of this post, and found only this reminder that "you do not even know what you don't know" in its place...


and wailed at the loss of the cheese shop on 8th. no more cheese shop staff returning to the dead after hours. it was a dark day, indeed...


but this fire breather and juggler lifted my spirits (if only temporarily, before my three year old broke her sister's glasses, cut the hair off her polly pockets and windexed her bed, sheets and pillows)...


these bountiful peppers at the farmers market also perked me up, just because of their prettiness, and so did the endless buckets and rows of gorgeous fresh flowers, even though i deleted that photo because when i uploaded it i realized there were a bunch of people's butts in the way...

then guess what? trashy mood packed its bags and went to bother someone else, which meant that sunday arrived with calm, sun, cool breeze, open doors and windows, naps on the sofa, well-behaved children, happy slothdom...

and it ended just perfectly last night with a delightful cocktail party, given by two gracious friends who knew just how to push my reset button. i'll tell you what else smashed my trashy mood - your comments on my camping post. hilarious! i'm still laughing!

14 comments:

oneartistjournal said...

Way to go Aimee, with your trashy mood, that was a brilliant way to remedy the glumness of Saturday. Doodling is cool but this is more of a tactile solution...I may steal the idea when I get theses unexplainable trashy moods..or let's say I'll let myself be inspired by it. Great spirited pictures Aimee. Orly

Silke said...

You sure know how to get rid of a trashy mood! Sometimes you just have to have a day like that and then move on to sunnier pastures again... Great pictures!! :) Silke

Inner Toddler said...

That trashy mood didn't stand a chance. What is it with toddlers and cleaning fluid? Glad you're back to yourself.

la ninja said...

so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye
goodbye, goodbye, goodbyeeeee crappy moody days!!

they are rubbish, aren't they? but, on the plus side, being able to turn them round is an art in itself so well done you, doodlelita! :)

remistuff.blogspot.com said...

Talk about a trashy mood, was going to stay in and yell at myself, after reading your blog, I am going outside.

jess gonacha said...

oh man, isn't it funny how on days like that a trashy mood can just cause things to continue getting worse and worse? i'm glad it didn't last too long for you, though!

Ces said...

A beautiful requiem Aimee! Now I wonder how you go around making these grafitti signs everywhere so you can photograph them? Hehehehe. Okay, just kidding.

Aha! Your epsilons - now belong to my favorites list because they play with the one and only ---- Poly Pocket! I love Poly Pocket, especially the teeny tiny ones!

Good morning!

Caroline said...

That's what's so great about trashy moods - they go and bother someone else!! Loved your pics and actually the whole post!

●• Thereza said...

it might have come to bother me this morning but i've been out for a little walk and it's sort of going now, i think... so much to do and can never manage to structure the head... but the trash's gotta go first! hahahaha

Nina Crittenden said...

I am not a camper, either! Glad your mood lifted! I love your dress and shoes! So cute!

Fruenswerk said...

Yah... sometimes life is a (%€%€&/";;;***) But suddenly green peppers and firemen can change tour mood...:)
Sorry I like your girls...hihihi..keeping their mother in the Grrrrrrrr..mood...hihi
But very glad it did not ruin the hole weekend girl...

Christy said...

Your posts always make me happy.

wild child said...

It just cracks me up that you 1) go to the alley for inspiration, and 2) always seem to find exactly what you're looking for in that quirky little town of yours! It just never ceases to amaze me, the things you find - I LOVE IT! And of course I'm happy your weekend ended up on a happy note too :)

Meg xoxo

L'Atelier said...

i love your trashy mood! ha you should see mine! not half as colourful or considerate
;)
glad you feeling better, sometimes one just needs do be a bit off- so one can jump back in again
xoxoxo