Thursday, July 16, 2009

on the road again


greetings from indianapolis, stage two of the tour de midwest! in a few minutes my best friend, who is also visiting from out of town, is kidnapping me on a side trip to bloomington to visit our alma mater, indiana university. we usually cause some sort of ruckus when we're there and i can't wait to see what sort of trouble we get into today. hope to catch up on all my blog reading when i get home - and in the meantime, a big thanks to ces for her marvelous drawing - such an honor and a wonderful surprise. and speaking of surprises, i'll try to pop back here to share one more before i hit the long, miserable stretch of I70 tomorrow morning. adios!

p.s traveling light = using the kids' crayola twistable colored pencils for journal doodles. i LOVE them!

18 comments:

messyfish said...

yeah for you! still getting the art in, despite the art material quality. Loving your trip so far!

Suzy D. said...

Welcome to and Enjoy Indiana! The weather has been Beautiful.

kj said...

my god aimee--the kids' twistable crayola crayons? you inspire and teach me in ways you have no idea. the first time i saw words imbedded in your colors and drawings i knew you would change the way i see things. and that's not even counting your camera.

by now you and your best friend have riled up the campus and i'll bet had a totally wonderful time together.

WOO HOO girl!

XO

Likes Chocolate said...

I like that quit asking. It amazes me how often children ask the question are we there yet when going on a trip.

Ces said...

IU! Alright! My sister was a Fulbright Exchange professor at IU for two years in the 80's. She gave me a sweatshirt. Hahaha! Thanks for the special mention. It was my pleasure. Is that a Moleskine I see?

painted fish studio said...

whhoooooo! have a ton of fun!

soulbrush said...

have a great time girl.

Silke said...

I love road trips! Your journal entry is beautiful! Have fun!! :) Silke

●• Tiny Red said...

yay!!! i'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! nice to see your moleskine too :) and i love that drawing of you, so much fun!!!

L'Atelier said...

Enjoy your time!
love the doodles they are just too good!
fabulous! fantabulous fabulosity!

have a save trip back, see you soon
xo

BT said...

Oh, I posted about this journal page on yesterday's page! That's because I'm reading your blog backwards, and that's not easy. So glad you're having fun. Those crayolas sure make a good job. Gees, I'm picking up the American accent on line!

Katrina said...

i hope you cause a good amount of ruckus! and traveling light sounds perfect. happy adventures!

jane said...

i´m really enjoying your road trip! besos!

Kelly C. said...

fun fun fun!!! i love all creations made from the road-- it's such an inspiration to use what you can fit in the suitcase/backpack/car and what you see on the way.
*)
safe travels, dear!

please sir said...

Sounds like such a wonderful trip - be safe and creative!

Cris Siqueira said...

hi
have a great time on the road, again!!

happy weekend!!

Demara said...

CUTE DOODLES!!!

suzanne cabrera said...

I LOVE this sketchbook spread. Just love it! So MUCH fun. AMAZING interview by the way!!!!