Thursday, June 18, 2009

putting together the pieces


thank you all so much for leaving such supportive comments both here and on bella's blog. it has been a chaotic week here, and bella's news stunned me, so i've been offline for a little bit wrapping my mind around how quickly life can be scattered into pieces, and putting things back together on our own home front. all is well here but i'm way behind on catching up on your blogs and hope to do so in the next few days. in my spare moments i've been cutting paper for a new project. these papers were created by jess gonacha - i was lucky enough to snag one of the few paper packs she put in her etsy shop last week. her patterns are so full of happiness and color, and papercutting is such a soothing activity...

and speaking of putting things together, i'm organizing a little collaborative effort in support of bella (thanks, jennifer, for the wonderful idea). i am going to assemble a care package of letters, poems and artwork from her supporters around the world, and send it to her later this summer. if you're interested in contributing a piece to the package (no financial contributions please), e-mail me at artsyville {at} gmail {dot} com for details.

looking forward to a peaceful, relaxing weekend with my family, a visit from this lovely lady (i get to meet another e-pal in person - yay!), and making lots of art with a bunch of creative girls. i'll check in with you all on monday :)

16 comments:

cindy : quaint said...

some quiet time is always good for the soul. have a nice weekend.

Anairam said...

Making art is the best medicine I know for a whole lot of problems. Have a lovely weekend, Aimee!

L'Atelier said...

i have been away and offline for a while. so sorry to read about it. and i agree with cindy, quiet time is good for the soul
lots of love

Dusik said...

i think it i s a great idea. it should be something like a scrapbook, where each person submits a sheet. something thoughtful but not too space-consuming.

you can specify a size and everybody will be able to participate

kendalee said...

Oh Aimee, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's loss and your shock and distress at the news. I don't know Bella at all but I imagine that your care package of thoughts and support will be of comfort - it is such a lovely idea for reaching across cyberspace to her. And I hope you do have a peaceful and relaxing weekend... xo

wild child said...

Have a great weekend Aimee :)

Meg :)

painted fish studio said...

i can't believe i'm here! yay'

smoothpebble said...

I'm heartbroken for your friend. And I know what you mean about wanting to do more than tap away at the keyboard, about wanting to be present in person to give comfort and aid. I'd be happy to add something.
In two short hours I'm hitting the road and heading your way! Can't wait to meet you! My first stop though will be to drop 5 teenage boys off at KU for basketball camp.

~Valentina~ said...

I just sent you an email.
Have a good weekend ;)

kj said...

count me in, aimee. it will be an honor. i'll email you this weekend.

xoxo
kj

Esti said...

I've just read the sad news. I'm so sorry.

Veja cecilia said...

Just read your previous post Aimee, it´s tragic and sad. Have a great weekend.

Diana Evans said...

my heart sank when I read this....this is so wonderful of you and Bella will so love all the wonderful support....I would love to create something for her too....I also want to thank you for your kindness and support over the last week....we will never ever get over this tragedy...but with family and friends we never feel alone....

Hugs
Diana

●• Tiny Red said...

hope you're having a nice weekend sweetie :::)

aimee said...

thanks girls - i appreciate all the e-mails i'm receiving about the care package! :)

jess gonacha said...

oh my, i can't wait to see what you're up to with the papers! and i agree with cindy-- quiet time is good for the soul and oh so necessary. lots of love to you, and to bella, of course. so sad.