Monday, June 8, 2009

the distribution of color





good monday! i'm well rested once again, but a storm blew through here last night and our teeth are all chattering. my artsygirl still hasn't fully forgiven me for dragging her off to swimming lessons a few hours ago (i had no idea it was so cold; you couldn't have paid me to get in that water). she's also moody about colors today. she likes blue and green but thinks they get way too much exposure in nature and public settings, while other colors get the shaft. easy for me to laugh but she's feeling some serious injustice over this. she wants to see more pink houses and purple horses. so i went to get coffee while she suffered in the water, and found some bits of color along the way to perk her up. i found no purple horses, but couldn't resist pointing out her purple lips.

a few other bits of monday news:

*esti chose this weekword and it is FAMILY. if you'd like to participate, leave a comment for her, and post your interpretation on friday.

*a sweet reader asked me to pass along the word about about her six word caption project. she's posting one photo each week and gathering as many captions as she can, with the goal of creating a coffee table book at the end of the year. sounds like fun - anyone is welcome to participate.

*scoutie girl is having an artsyville print giveaway - to enter leave a comment there before saturday at midnight. three winners will get to pick any 5x7 print from my etsy shop.

that's it from here! now will someone send me some warm weather pleeeeeeease.....

17 comments:

jane said...

love the colors! purple lips-ha! ha! have a colorful week!

Verena said...

Love the bird! I think I just might try my hand at the 6 word project, thanks for the heads up.

amuse me said...

Thank you for your mention of my project "six-word caption" on your post today. I'm looking forward to everyone's creativity and hope you and your readers will join me every week for a new photo. :) M

kendalee said...

You've gotta love a girl who gets moody in defense of equality and justice for colours! :) So cute.

jane said...

no... no starbucks... you´ll still visit, won´t you?:)

please sir said...

Love all the colors and oh I need some fruit loops now!

Christy said...

I ♥ color too!

●• Tiny Red said...

purple lips??? poor sod :(

it's always good to notice colour though :::)

alissa said...

hahaha how did i not know about this storm? i think i slept through it!
but my walk to work this morning was soooo humid!

Dee Beale said...

Came via scoutiegirl, great blog, will be back for sure.

Bella Sinclair said...

Aww, artsygirl's a true egalitarian. I hope she loved her purple lips. And I'm sure she got a kick out of all the brilliant colors today. That should have made her happy.

Thanks for the great photos and links!

suzanne cabrera said...

Once again, your blog makes me happy. Truly happy.

Thank you for the color you bring to the world.

soulbrush said...

there's an award for you on my blog today.

Nina Crittenden said...

I have not been to blogland in a while- sorry! Love all your photos and think it is so cute that your daughter is riled up about nature's color palette- darling!

Alexandra Hedberg said...

It's amazing how your photos manage to radiate the same energy and vivid colours as your doodles.

Anairam said...

Lovely colours - all of them! I must agree with your daughter - it seems unfair that there is so much blue and green about ... (PS Oh, please do not blame me for your weather - those two dolls of mine - I simply cannot control them - they are very naughty indeed, but I have asked them VERY nicely to give the sun back, I hope it works!)

oneartistjournal said...

Sometimes the title of a post takes center stage for me...I love 'The Distribution of color'...so clever and the writing that follows very spirited and the photographs...very engaging...and the 'distribution of color'..very successful..