Tuesday, May 26, 2009

corner view

thanks to jane of the awesome spain daily, and head honcho of the corner view, for letting me hop aboard. i've been admiring corner views all over the world for the last few weeks, including here, here, and here, and thought it would be fun to speak up from my little corner in the middle of nowhere, united states. i'm a little early (normally everyone posts on wednesdays), but this week if it isn't early, it will be late. the theme this week is cityscapes, courtesy of cele, and here is my corner view of lawrence, kansas today... (oh ... and just now i noticed that for this one i was supposed to go the the highest point of my city for this cityscape... but i'm not sure i can get to the top of the campanile with a jogging stroller, so eye level has to do for this week...)


we kicked off the day with a short circuit around the 600 and 700 blocks of massachusetts street, stopping first at la prima tazza for a jolt - they make it motor oil thick - i LIKE that...



said hello to liberty hall, our little downtown cinema and concert hall...


my sidekicks - motor oil and birdiegirl...


a message on the dumpster - i'm saying this a lot right now, as school is almost out for the summer and i'm seeing my doodletime rapidly dwindling...



then we found this sweet little piece of origami floating from a mailbox...

and now i'll hit publish, as i've just been alerted to five cobs of corn and a container of strawberries tumbling out of the refrigerator. the toddler is foraging again. i'll spare you that corner view. enjoy your day!

26 comments:

Anairam said...

Hahaha - a hungry toddler! (It could so have been me, I am well-known for foraging in our fridge at midnight, plaintively saying - there is NOTHING to eat, why is there NOTHING to eat?? At least you have cobs of corn and strawberries in yours.) What a great couple of corners and the cutest birdie girl!

vanessa aka Nessie Noodle said...

Aimee,
how fun! so glad you are joining in with all of us :)

Nina Crittenden said...

Lawrence must be the coolest town! I hope to visit someday. Love the clipboards, Aimee! What a fun project! I love all that vintage retro stuff, too!

Christy said...

I love picking out the familiar places. LPT is one of our favorites, too.

cindy : quaint said...

you do live in the coolest town. love your corner.

L'Atelier said...

Your corner is great! colourful and full of life
love your sidekicks! one is cute, the other is the best petrol ever!!! xo

Suana said...

Wow, such a lovely little vintage coffee shop, lovely shots and yes, going back to the comment you made on my blog, a trip to Quebec might really be worth your while, but then again Lawrence might be too...
;D
Suana

peggyfussell said...

Those are some fantastic corners!!
I can sure relate to the fridge-alanche. We have 'em here all the time.

Bella Sinclair said...

Now that's a corner I wouldn't mind getting stuck in. Great photos. And with an adorable smile like that, birdiegirl can get away with anything!

oneartistjournal said...

I discovered you on the pages of Artful Blogging and I'm glad I did. Not only I enjoy your art but I completely relate to your writings. Your blog is a feast. I added you on my blogroll so I can come visit you once in a while.

FruensWerk2 said...

Did you bring coffee on your walk...hihi

soulbrush said...

your view of life is just simply GREAT. thanks for another super walk with you.

soulbrush said...

btw, all the african atc cards are now gone, but will get on with it and make some more, and you will get the first pick...hugs from an atc crazed addict!

jane said...

aimee this is great! can you hear me laughing? how i miss small artsy towns. can´t wait to see more from your corner! besos-jane

jess gonacha said...

what great photos! i love that one of your sweet little babe in the stroller. :)

Desiree said...

Hello! I LOVE your art! Love it, love it!

Kimmie said...

Beautiful midwestern town :)

Save the strawberries!

caitlin said...

I enjoyed this corner view immensely. I love the creativity your blog has to offer. Great job and I'm glad you're playing along with the rest of us!

Ian said...

Nice photos.

●• Tiny Red said...

very nice corner views! :)

nicola @ which name? said...

welcome! nice shots!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

aimee said...

thanks all! and welcome to oneartistjournal, jane, desiree, kimmie, caitlin, ian, and nicola! my toddler is foraging again... i guess it's time to shut off the computer!

Cabrizette said...

I love the origami picture ! I've made some butterfly last week... but I'll try this bird. Thanks for sharing.

outi said...

nice photos:) have a beautiful day!

trinsch said...

oh no... love that:) nice to see you on corner view. have a great day. and yes, i am planning to join weekword. a nice way to get back into drawing. have a nice day ~ trinsch

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

How intriguing! I was in Lawrence a week ago and found an origami bird exactly like yours hanging from a branch in a little park. I wandered in to enjoy my scone and java, and there it was --- hanging down from a branch. Wonderful fun!