Friday, December 26, 2008

lazyville

did my best to hang out in lazyville today, but i always forget that a day off for the girls isn't the same as a day off for us! there's a continuous need for food, attention, fighting, mess-making, and so on, that does not go on vacation. so since doodling isn't likely until after hours, here's a little photo tour of things that make me happy around the house:


got these cute little stacking mugs this week, and couldn't decide on a color this morning so i had coffee from all of them.


a little garlic jar i found in spain.


a local roaster gave me these nifty coffee bean sacks. i stretched them on canvas and put them on the living room wall.


a french book with great illustrations that i found at the semiannual library sale.


a bookshelf of curious objects: my husband's grandfather made the seahorse, i found the little bowl at arcosanti in arizona (an artist workshop in paradise valley), and heather made the beautiful sunprint.


this crazy owl piggy bank mysteriously appeared here yesterday. it scared the crap out of me last night when i came downstairs because it has glow in the dark eyes.


and my favorite pillow.

now looking forward to a peaceful evening in lazyville with my lovely one (today is his birthday!), a long doodle session and a glass of shoo fly shiraz.

hope you all had a great christmas!

24 comments:

daisy janie : scoutie girl said...

Fun pics! Enjoyed the mini-tour thoroughly...and the fabric on your favorite pillow is toot sweet.

Lynn Fisher said...

Enjoyed the tour as well...thank you! Christmas was wonderfully peaceful and amazing. (love your pillow, who designed that beautiful fabic?)

●• Tiny Red said...

i looooove the cups!!!! want want want!!! :)
really lovely shots... i kinda did the same just now over on tiny red :D

Bella Sinclair said...

Whoa, baby, datsa lotta cuppa!

Oh, Aimee, I love all the cheery color in your happy and bright home. Things like that would definitely make me happy. And so thoughtful of someone small to leave glow in the dark eyes to lead you through the dark. Thank you for the inner safari.

And happy birthday to Mr. Artsyville!

Nina Crittenden said...

It has been a nice day- hope yours was, too!

soulbrush said...

thanks for sharing this. so glad you had fun. hugs.

cindy : quaint said...

i love your things, especially the bookshelf of curious objects and the framed coffee bean sacks. hope you had a lovely holiday.

joanne said...

your home is as lovely and colorful as your art...so cheerful and light and fresh...

i hope your christmas was wonderful and lighthearted...and wish you a happy new year too!

xo

L'Atelier said...

:D
happy holidays and a happy new year to you and your loved ones :)
it was such a treat meeting you in the world of blogs :)
Thank you for all your kind comments and for making me smile alot... am looking forward to many more visits here
lots of love
asiye xoxoxo

painted fish studio said...

great little tour! happy day-after christmas!

e.beck.artist said...

you drank coffee from all those mugs? in one sitting? one day? one what?

Esti said...

I like th cups picture.

I hope you are having fun this christmas!

Ces said...

Aimee, we should start you on using Fiesta dishes. Their colors will match your colorful wordart. They are American made, lead free and very durable. I was hooked, in fact I went crazy one time (spending as much as $57.00 for a $7.00 mug that has been discontinued). Thank goodness I am a recovering Fiestaholic. Just to warn you, of course but I love mine and now have a balanced relationship with them. HAHAHAHA!

Alexandra Hedberg said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! We had a very calm, coughing and feverish one. But nice!

see you there! said...

Save a cup of coffee for me :-). Your home is so colorful, just like your art.

Darla

steve said...

Cool little tour Aimee! Would those happen to be "Fiesta" mugs. My brother's wife loves that line.

Pea said...

loved all the beautiful things in your house! the garlic jar is very interesting!

DJ said...

Inspiring colors!
Like your blog so much that I've linked you in my sidebar = Whee.
(I'm a FiestaWare owner, also, and yes, it would coordinate well with your style.)
Happy B'day to Hubby, too. Enjoy!
Going to find ways to make my old house cheerful this winter...
Love & Laughter

peggy said...

Fantastic!! All of it. Enjoy your week "off" I'll be right there with you. Pass the coffee......

NANCY LEFKO said...

what lovely photos of things you love...

I have an award for you over at my blog :)

happy new year !!!

aimee said...

thank you all! and welcome dawn and pea:)

the mugs do look like fiestaware but they came from world market.

i couldn't get the link to post here properly, but if you go to the world market website and do a search on "multicolor stacking mugs" they should pop right up.

the lawrence (KS) and the stateline (MO) both had huge pallets of them on the floor last week so i'm sure they're still around in other stores as well.

please sir said...

I love all these tidbits from your home! The cups are wonderful - that is too funny about drinking out of all of them!

Denise Scicluna said...

those colorful coffee mugs look sooo good :D

ambika said...

Oh my gosh, all those brightly colored cups of coffee look like heaven. Too lovely.