Tuesday, December 9, 2008

gitegibbetegeritegish


gibberish is my other gossip language, and by far it's my favorite of the two. ob is OK, and it's easy enough to use, but it is clunky and doesn't flow well in speech when you have a lot to say. gibberish takes a little longer to learn, but once you've got the pattern, the words flow like a river. and, as with any foreign language, a few glasses of wine help things along tremendously.

my version (using the insertion 'teg' or 'dig') isn't the only one; here's a multitude of ways to garble your words. whatever version you choose, just make sure you teach it to someone else so you don't have to mutter to yourself :)

13 comments:

jess gonacha said...

i used to love talking in gibberish as a kid!

cindy : quaint said...

i do speak gibberish at times and even write in it. but, i think most people would call my version 'english'. love your illustration!

Kelly C. said...

this is fabulous! we talked in "OP" back in the day (like Ob only op). GREAT illo!

cindy's comment just killed me!!!

heather smith jones said...

psst. aimee - lookie here :)

please sir said...

Haha...that is great...I need to learn!

Nina said...

I had totally forgotten about this! There were some very fluent gibberish girls in my 6th grade class. It took me a while to figure it out!

L'Atelier said...

lol- cindy is really funny!
we used to speak it too- back in the day, thought we were sooo cool, best part was we thought my mother didn't get, but she did ;)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Thanks for coming by, its nice to meet another Lawrence blogger! Good luck on Etsy, I've been really happy with it. I'm opening my own website shop soon, that kind of has me worried.

●• Tiny Red said...

you should do a video for you tube on 'listen and repeat' like that scottish space cadet link i sent u a while back hahahhahahaha

Bella Sinclair said...

Canth...thalk...wite now....thongue...thied up...imb...gnotth. thankth.

Gracia said...

I'm all for gibberish and words flowin' like a river in all forms...

painted fish studio said...

woah. too complicated. even with wine!

Jesse said...

I plan on using the graphic from this page for a post on my blog, and linking your post to the image. If you would rather me take down the link, just let me know. Thanks, and I love your drawings.
Jesse
jarbitro@gmail.com