Thursday, October 2, 2008

the never-ending debate


oh, does the carefree side of my noggin love to tease its darker, serious twin. they get into such tussles, and what makes it even more confusing is that the happy-go-lucky half likes to blow off things that do need to be taken seriously, while the serious half spends its life dwelling on stuff that doesn't matter at all. if only i could flip flop the two, i might have a fighting chance at a properly working mind :)

it's been a gorgeous week here. the leaves are starting to turn, the mornings are chilly, and the afternoons are warm and sunny. yet, beautiful as it is here, my mind is drifting to georgia and south carolina, where we'll be later this month. i hope the fuel shortage will be rectified by the time we get there! (i do like walking, but not THAT much.)

enjoy your day, everyone :)

15 comments:

Esti said...

This is the post I needed today. My serious side always wins over the cheery side. And today I wonder why it is always like this...
Thanks for sharing :)

cindy : quaint said...

i'm the same way and it can be so frustrating. it's great to see it expressed your way. thanks!

please sir said...

It's so nice here too - finally updated my blog love list and added you!

jess gonacha said...

ahhh.. reminds me of my brain.... it is SO FRUSTRATING!!

♥ Tiny Red said...

great!
though i reckon my serious side has always been faulty :)

Krissy said...

oh yes, both sides of my brain agree with the drawing!

ambika said...

Your pieces really are *so* wise!

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, dear, I'm afraid my serious side is the bully in that relationship. I remember, on more than one occasion, I'd be feeling all chipper and happy while standing in an elevator, and in will come some older man (think father figure here) who'll tell me to smile, be happy, life ain't that bad. Ack! Do they have botox to fix permanent frowns?

And when my husband and I watch something like Robot Chicken, he'll be all HA HA HA HA, but I don't often laugh out loud when watching TV, even though I think it's funny, so he'll get all frustrated and think I don't have a sense of humor. I'm laughing on the INSIDE, honey.

Speaking of funny, your last post DID make me laugh. Out loud!

Scatterbrain Tal said...

I can really relate myself to this beautiful precise scribble of yours.
I have a constant battle inside of me.

Vincent Juanes said...

Your work is a great surprise. Great!!!
I love your types

painted fish studio said...

oh, that has been my internal struggle all week! but in my head it's not as beautifully illustrated.

design for mankind. said...

Awww, I loved this, Aimee! :)

soulbrush said...

what i like about the brain is that NO ONE can ever intrude there...it's the only place that we have that is truly private!

aimee said...

thanks, all! the playful side won today; i'm giddy as a child :)

paintings365 said...

he space environment as a whole and an integral whole, in line farm cultural ambience of a restaurant.

oil paintingchinese galleryhandmade paintingLandscape oil painting油画oil painting knowledgeAbstract painting