Thursday, September 11, 2008

thought pending


[an idea has arrived and is currently in processing]

we had dinner last night with some friends in kansas city; i'm sticking hard and fast to my no-cooking rule while my love is away. it's part of a minimalist parenting approach i've designed to minimize the stress and maximize the fun so that we all survive. so far, so good!

can i say that i'm a wee bit jello of a friend who is going to santa fe this weekend for a painting workshop? doesn't that sound divine? i've been starving for the southwest lately; i missed my MBA reunion in arizona last weekend, and hearing about her heading off to new mexico just sparked my fire a little more to get back to that enchanting part of the world.

well, the southwest may not be in my near future, i don't think (one never knows), but the southeast is, and i'm happily and madly working on our upcoming trip to charleston and savannah :)

12 comments:

hrsj said...

you're heading to my old stomping ground. my family lives one hour away from savannah!
we should email... :)

Christy said...

Beautiful lettering, as always! I like the warm colors on such a grey day as this.

♥ Tiny Red said...

awww i'm so jealous! trips are so good for boosting inspiration,etc...
are u going to come and join the blogosphere coming live in london then?!

hey, no cooking rule sounds good! i bet the girls are having so much fun and lots of sweets and treats :)

aimee said...

thanks, girls! oh, christy, you're right; we needed a little warmth to combat this garbage weather!

heather: oh, i'd love some suggestions on what to see/do there! i'll e-mail you later :)

thereza: oh, wouldn't that be nice, a little side trip to london? i guess anything is possible... my new mantra is ONE NEVER KNOWS. it's so open-ended; i love it...and yes it's sweets and treats galore around here, as well as bribes, evil TV, shelving of eco-friendly practices, etc... all in the name of coping :)

Kelly said...

hi there! i found your blog through e beck artist and just wanted to tell you i love it! i'll be back regularly!

e.beck.artist said...

we went to a mexican restaurant tonight ... because mr.e.beck.artist is out o' town ...... we're in survival mode ... not healthy dinner mode!

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, I hear you on the coping. When my husband's away on long trips, we have camp outs in the living room or sleepovers in mommy's bed and...gulp...fast food.

I LOVE this pending piece! Did I tell you orange is my favorite color? I had my whole attic room painted a beautiful orange in our old home.

Scatterbrain Tal said...

Oh you must be so thrilled before your upcoming trip! how exciting:)
Israel next, yeah?

No cooking sounds good to me.:)
It's funny how kids will always prefer the sweets, no matter how good your cooking is. I bet it's a bit of vacation to all of you.

Amanda said...

The southwest is also my token place for inspiration. When I'm in and around Santa Fe, Taos, etc.. I magically wake-up earlier, see more, have more energy... hummmm. I'm geographically challenged by some 800 miles!

aimee said...

coping creative mamas: you all get it. THANK YOU!

tal: ulai, yom echad :)

amanda!! coffee soon? and i'll try to make it to creative burnouts this time!

please sir said...

Oh I'm jealous too! I haven't been there yet, but would love to make a trip out there sometime. Savannah and Charleston are amazing - you will have a GREAT time!

soulbrush said...

i used to love it when hubby went away and my kids were little...eggs on toast and pizza, great!