Monday, September 22, 2008

a passage to india


my lovely one returned from india with these gorgeous treasures, as well as fascinating and eye-opening stories about his time there. our house just exploded with color when he opened his suitcase; i can't get enough of the vivid reds, the gorgeous patterns, the details, and the energy that comes from these beautiful objects. the biggest treat is the stack of magazines [these pages are from meri saheli, grehlakshmi, vanitha, and grihshobha]. i know only a bit of basic hindi grammar and the devanagari script, so it will take a lifetime for me to decipher it all. he even brought some magazines in tamil (i think it's tamil!), which looks like a very pretty sequence of curlicues.

most of all, i'm happy to have him home again. life is back in balance, i can now officially exit minimalist parenting mode, and start thinking about our next trip. oh, travel! even just hearing about it sets my mind abuzz with inspiration. may you all have an inspired and creative week :)

19 comments:

steve said...

So good to see and hear Aimee. I know very well how difficult it can be to be, far from the one you love and when you are reunited it always makes life better. In the meantime, These are some beautiful treasures here. Thanks for sharing!

Christy said...

I love the dress in the magazine photo. Everything looks so vibrant. Glad he's home safe and sound.

Esti said...

How lucky! So many nice things and stories... It's so good to see some colour now that summer ends and autumn begins...
:)

♥ Tiny Red said...

awww that looks sooo wonderful!
enjoy his return aimee :)

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, hooray, hooray! And he returns bearing gifts that he KNOWS you will love and appreciate. You lucky girl! These are stunning, indeed. Can't wait to see what they inspire in you. :)

aimee said...

yup! he wins superhusband award for these goodies :)

christy, i love that dress too!

jess gonacha said...

amazing!! i so want to go to india one day. glad your honey got back safe and sound. :)

see you there! said...

Wonderful visuals. Happy your love is back with you and that he brought so many treasures.

Darla

Anairam said...

What great India goodies! And if I my say so, I love your style of writing and your clutter doodles. I've always wanted a cool handwriting style. It never happened. (And thanks for dropping by my blog!)

heather smith jones said...

whew! i know you're soooo glad he's back! yay!

Kelly C. said...

what beatiful treasures! these colors and patterns would keep me up all night smiling and dreaming. you know india is my dream destination...
glad your man is home!
*)

the camp said...

oh i am drooling!

Nicola said...

A beautiful post. Yes, India is a feast for the eyes!

Amanda said...

Cool stuff! I was admiring your red/bird folder type thing today... little did I know it was a new souvenir. Great to see you btw!

aimee said...

thanks all!

amanda: so good to see you too!

and welcome new friends :)

please sir said...

Oh wow - yes what treasures! I love traveling...

design for mankind. said...

Oh gosh, Aimee--- I'm so so glad the return was safe and sound!

And such goodies! :)

soulbrush said...

omigod! that ellie is terrific, i agree.... the colours, the images, the vibrancy...it is an amazing country...sooo glad he's back, at least you won't die from malnutrtion (or loneliness ) anymore.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

So beautiful....I love that sweet elephant! Thank you for visiting me over at ML and I am so glad you enjoyed the interview. That is a great way to describe Heather's work. All the best!
xo
Melissa