Tuesday, August 12, 2008

seven lucky years


yesterday's lucky seven leads us perfectly into today's post; today is our wedding anniversary! seven years ago today my husband and i were married at the rose garden on lake harriet in minneapolis. i have a huge smile on my face just thinking about what a perfect day that was. and somehow each year keeps getting better and luckier. happy seven years, my Lovely One, if you're reading this :)

i also got a piece of lucky news: one of my oldest dearest friends (who is also celebrating her anniversary today, AND shares a birthday with me!) just had her third baby, a supercute little boy this time! her oldest daughter is in love with the little guy, but her two year old was not impressed: she looked at him and said, "he's stupid."

i don't know why that is making me laugh so hard, but it is!

14 comments:

bubbie dolich said...

hi aimee - thanks for the reminder. I can remember my 7th quite vividly, wondering if the proverbial "7-year itch" would come on like a disease. Guess we got lucky. congratulations. keep 'em coming - this stuff is better than the Olympics!

jess gonacha said...

Happy anniversary! That's so great!

(and yes, there will be prints coming of my newest work. i'll be sure to post about it!!)

Krissy said...

aw! Happy anniversary :) Congrats on 7 years and congrats to your friend on their new baby!

Kelly C. said...

happy happy anniversary! lake harriet would be an amazing place to get married. smiles all around.

my two-year wedding anniversary is a week from today. i love it. i'm so so glad you are happy and in love and all things wonderful!!
*
your story about your friend cracked me up, too!!

daisy janie said...

Happy Anniversary! Gets better every year b/c the people in it get better every year!

♥ Tiny Red said...

CONGRATS!!!! have a very happy day!!!

Christy said...

Here's to 7 x 7 more!

Jeannie said...

Happy anniversary!!
I am still amazed that my hubbo and I will celebrate 20 years this fall.

aimee said...

wow!! thank you all so much - i was just greeted with a big bouquet of roses and we are on our way out for a lovely dinner tonight. yay! :)

meryl's musings said...

I love your artwork for "seven lucky years" - and congrats. My husband and I renewed our vows at seven years (renewing at the little white wedding chapel in Las Vegas) so we wouldn't have to worry about the seven-year itch! We're getting close to the next seven, so I'll have to come up with something new! Love your artwork.

soulbrush said...

aaawwww, so sweet, happy happy anni to you both, we've just had 33 years, ouch!!! with lotsa ups and downs but we are still together...

hrsj said...

oh my yay! how amazing, seven seems like a wonderful anniversary year!

i hope you will be celebrating all week long at least!

please sir said...

CONGRATS - happy wedding day! I hope you had a good one!

Challahman said...

Aimee

You wedding was the first time I baked bread; helping Jared bake the challah for Friday night. Many tiny little seeds were planted that weekend.

Challahman