Tuesday, July 15, 2008

coffeehead


yesterday i found this nutty drawing of the stuff that pulls my little head out of the foggy cloud. i remember doing this eight years ago while working in seattle. it's not a cliche or a stereotype; seattle really is stuffed with coffee and i went out three or four times a day for it. not only did i manage to sleep with all that caffeine in my system, i also stayed on a remarkably rigid schedule there, eight months of going to bed at 10 pm and waking up at 5 to stay in sync with my 'minneapolis clock' when i went home for the weekend. oh, that discipline. where did it go?

what i can't remember is whether this idea is original or not. it seems inspired by that 20s-30s art deco period, and i remember doing lots of variations on sketches that i liked from some of my art deco books at that time. i looked through all of those books yesterday but couldn't find one image like this. so who knows. it may have come entirely from my noodle, partially from it, or it might be a complete ripoff. [at the very least, i do know that is my mug, or at least what it looked like eight years ago.]

off to kansas city now, then to latteland for a strong cuppa something.

5 comments:

Krissy said...

I think I need to drink more coffee. I only have 1 cup of coffee or tea per day. It's so difficult to stay motivated, on topic and get out of bed in the morning! I think I will try a few more cups per day to see where it goes :)

Forever Young said...

gosh i would be sick as a dog if i had so much coffee...great illo.

aimee said...

oh i could never manage that much coffee now...i take one super strong dose in the morning and then slowly coast downward from there.

♥ Tiny Red said...

excellent! i like the coffee head :)
can only have a couple a day nowadays though...

aimee said...

now it's late - as usual - and i'm dreaming about my morning dose - tiny red you're probably already having yours where you are -

krissy - i'm still having fun with the type art tool - great great find!

goodnight coffeeheads