Thursday, July 17, 2008

after midnight

i wandered into westport yesterday, a charming old area of kansas city stuffed with funky shops and unexpected stuff. it has an uncontrived quirkiness that reminds me of the lincoln park/lakeview area where i used to live in chicago. i only had enough time to get my fix of art supplies from creative coldsnow and a quick cup at broadway cafe, not enough to take a round of photos as i had hoped to do. so my plan is to get back there next week to get some pictures. but we all know what happens when i make plans.

the point of all this was that i picked up a pound of moka java from broadway, and i'm going to need it in a few hours - seeing that it is already after midnight and i'm still wide awake...

[p.s. thanks to jan from daisy janie for featuring me on her blog this week!]

11 comments:

Esti said...

This idea, and the one of the previous post, are like thoughts I often have but only spoken aloud/written down.
Midnight is quiet and ideas sprout noisily...
:)

Krissy said...

I must be old. I'm always asleep at midnight!! Maybe that is when the best thoughts come to me though- in my dreams :)

hrsj said...

oh you're a night owl. perhaps because the house is quiet and you have time to listen to your ideas? :) yay.

jess gonacha said...

so lovely! thanks for commenting on my blog so i could find yours! your work is so colorful and inspiring. :) and being up late after everybody else is asleep is fun sometimes! i feel the same way about being up early before everyone.

design for mankind. said...

Oh I love this!!!!

MISSED YOU! :)

Wabbit said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. ;-)) But thanks especially for pointing me to Esti's blog and project. The ideas start to flow for me when I should be going to bed! And that's usually well after midnight, so sometimes I am Up All Night! making art! Marilyn

aimee said...

fun to hear how everyone's inspiration clocks work differently - some just respect normal schedules better than others! {nice to know i'm not the only one up late, though}

♥ Tiny Red said...

i'm a late owl too aimee. it's when i can hear best 'el pensador' in my head :)

cool blue and excellent page as usual, always translating the feeling...

see you there! said...

Great colors that are expressive of the idea in the text.

I'm usually asleep at midnight but you can find me prowling around at about 3 or 4 AM.

Darla

aimee said...

wow, i think we have every hour of the clock covered here - great news for the creative world! everyone's 'el pensador' kicks in at a different time!{there do seem to be a lot of night owls here though]. i wish i could do something to make myself more creative in the afternoon - i'm a zombie and a total waste...

Contessa Kris said...

I happened to find your blog today thru ebeckartist.blogspot.com. Your word groupings are fabulous. I especially love the latest about cooking. That is so true for me. I hate it. Waste of time. Noticed that you visited Westport. Are you from the KC area? So am I. What is this 'Creative Coldsnow' store? I would love to visit there!