Wednesday, June 18, 2008

blogstalking: heather smith jones


now that i'm ultracharged with caffeine, i need to calm down, and so i enter the quiet, peaceful world of heather smith jones. her braille-like pinhole drawings remind me of those intricate papercuts that require days of painstaking labor and thousands of separate movements, yet are so effortless on the eye when finished.

her paintings have just the right balance of color, shape and space. even heather's photographs are works of art; she can capture a universe in one simple picture. i'm no cook or gardener but she makes me want to become one. i won't, though. i'll just keep returning to her blog for my daily dose of serenity. this summer, i'm lucky enough to see her once in a while; she's just as lovely in person as her work.

7 comments:

hrsj said...

Aimee you are just too nice, you really are. I'm so happy we've found each other online too and I'll see you Friday in the real world :)

aimee said...

me too! see you friday - xoxo aimee

Thereza Rowe said...

WOW aimee! her blog is amazing! will def become a daily for me :)

aimee said...

yup - her work IS amazing. oh, my, thereza, i just noticed that my new picture (my mug is going off the web for a while) and tiny red have exactly the same profile - must have had tiny red on my subconscious when i drew this figure - ah well back to the drawing board...

Common Denominator said...

How do I get a mug?

aimee said...

you can have mine!

design for mankind. said...

I agree; she's something else! :)